Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need something new to read? I got you.

1. Regular Member

Need something new to read? I got you.

Advertisements
    I have read all kinds of books and I own over 250 novels. If you need a new book recommendation tell me the genres you like to read and I will give you the names of a few books that I have loved!
  2. Senior Member
    What's the most recent book that you've read?! Reading the sellout right now
  3. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Do you have any sifi novels you would recommend, something like zombies..similar to that of The Walking Dead
  4. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CDNTrish View Post
    What's the most recent book that you've read?! Reading the sellout right now
    The most recent book that I've read is called The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. It is probably one of my favorite all time books. The only thing about it is you kind of have to force yourself to read the first 50 or so pages and then after that you will be hooked.
  5. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by danielle1028 View Post
    Do you have any sifi novels you would recommend, something like zombies..similar to that of The Walking Dead
    So my favorite sci fi novels are not really like the walking dead. But, a couple really good sci fi books are Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow. Which are written from the point of view of like teenagers but I read them as an adult and liked them very much. Also The Host is a good book.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Have you read "Pride and Prejudice and Zombis" by Seth Grahame-Smith?
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  7. Senior Member
    I'd like some suggestions! I like drama, mystery, and action/adventure.

8. Senior Member
    There is a trilogy where the first book is called Feed by Mira Grant. It's more or less a polit thriller with zombies. I'm currently reading the first book and I'm really enjoying it.
  9. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    I'd like some suggestions! I like drama, mystery, and action/adventure.
    OMG. Do I have the book for you. Its dramatic and a mystery thriller. It's called Love You More by Lisa Gardner. I listened to the audiobook while I was driving cross country this summer. It was so good.
    Also, The girl on the train is a mystery. I did not particularly like it, I thought the main character was kind of whiny. BUT everybody else I know that has read the book really likes it. So maybe it's just me.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaseyna View Post
    OMG. Do I have the book for you. Its dramatic and a mystery thriller. It's called Love You More by Lisa Gardner. I listened to the audiobook while I was driving cross country this summer. It was so good.
    Also, The girl on the train is a mystery. I did not particularly like it, I thought the main character was kind of whiny. BUT everybody else I know that has read the book really likes it. So maybe it's just me.
    Girl on a Train is at the top of my reading list! I will definitely check out Love You More. Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast