Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter & the Cursed Child (Contains Spoilers)

1. Senior Member

Harry Potter & the Cursed Child (Contains Spoilers)

Advertisements
    Who has already started reading or plans to read the new Harry Potter book? What did you think of it being a script instead of a novel? What did you think of the new characters?

I bought a copy during the midnight release on Saturday night and I just finished it this morning. I really enjoyed it. However, I am a little disappointed they made it into a script instead of a novel. It lacked the detail the original series had.

*WARNING SPOILERS*

I liked Scorpius’ character a lot, but I wasn’t a huge fan of Albus. He was too much of a brat. After all, he started this whole mess in the first place!
    I almost fell out of my chair when they brought back Snape. That was probably my favorite part of the book.

2. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I definitely was a little disappointed in the script form as it just seems to be lacking compared to the rest of the series in depth. I felt like we barely got to know the new characters before the plot thickened. Albus did kind of annoy me too, but I really enjoyed Scorpius! The Snape part was great!! Overrall I was a little sad how short it was or I guess that I was done so fast with it
  3. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    I'm like 100 pages from the ending so I'll probably finish it tonight. It's interesting and much darker than the books.

4. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Alright, so I just finished. I felt like it needed something, not sure what. Definitely different than the original series, but nothing will ever beat those. I don't think I liked the kids much. I did like Draco's part though. I thought it was nice to get to see his non-douche side finally.

5. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

I agree with lepus, I was meh about the kids, it was cool seeing Draco not being a big douche head and Scorpius was a refreshing take on the Malfoy lineage. Albus was a brat best way I can think to put it. I need this converted to a movie or something so I can visualize the whole thing or I can just go to London and see the play whichever comes first. It just feels like it was missing something or maybe it was just too short.

The idea of Voldemort having a child with Bellatrix was super strange to me though.. Like how? Or when? I need logistics
    Last edited by amandalouwho2; 08-02-2016 at 06:05 AM.

6. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

I'd love to read it! Need to get my copy

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  7. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by amandalouwho2 View Post
    The idea of Voldemort having a child with Bellatrix was super strange to me though.. Like how? Or when? I need logistics
    Lol I was thinking the same thing. Like what? It kind of threw me off.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otter View Post
    I definitely was a little disappointed in the script form as it just seems to be lacking compared to the rest of the series in depth. I felt like we barely got to know the new characters before the plot thickened. Albus did kind of annoy me too, but I really enjoyed Scorpius! The Snape part was great!! Overrall I was a little sad how short it was or I guess that I was done so fast with it
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lepus View Post
    Alright, so I just finished. I felt like it needed something, not sure what. Definitely different than the original series, but nothing will ever beat those. I don't think I liked the kids much. I did like Draco's part though. I thought it was nice to get to see his non-douche side finally.
    It was way too short and definitely lacking something.

Quote Originally Posted by amandalouwho2 View Post
    I agree with lepus, I was meh about the kids, it was cool seeing Draco not being a big douche head and Scorpius was a refreshing take on the Malfoy lineage. Albus was a brat best way I can think to put it. I need this converted to a movie or something so I can visualize the whole thing or I can just go to London and see the play whichever comes first. It just feels like it was missing something or maybe it was just too short.

I never pictured Voldemort as someone interested in sex. IDK why though. I figured he would be too busy off making the world evil and junk.

Quote Originally Posted by germy View Post
    I'd love to read it! Need to get my copy
    Girl, go get ittttt!!!

9. Senior Member
    Now that all the excitement has worn off, I’m feeling a little sold short. This was considered the 8th book in the HP series but can we really call it that? I guess I’m pretty annoyed they couldn’t have made it a novel first then base the play off that. I wonder how much of the script Rowling wrote herself. Really, all they had to do was put her name on it and boom they'd make millions.

I read that JK Rowling said this is it for HP. Oh well. I guess that’s all we’re going to get.

10. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    Now that all the excitement has worn off, I’m feeling a little sold short. This was considered the 8th book in the HP series but can we really call it that? I guess I’m pretty annoyed they couldn’t have made it a novel first then base the play off that. I wonder how much of the script Rowling wrote herself. Really, all they had to do was put her name on it and boom they'd make millions.

I read that JK Rowling said this is it for HP. Oh well. I guess that’s all we’re going to get.
    I don't consider this the 8th book because it was written mostly by someone else. Quite frankly this barely got 3 stars in my mind. Now that I've spent a majority of my work day reflecting on my feelings towards The Cursed Child, I have many things I'm not understanding. Harry Potter, an emotionally abused orphan, would never tell his son he didn't want him as a son. Sorry, just wouldn't happen. Also, if voldemort had a child before the Battle of Hogwarts, why wouldn't he make her a horcrux?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast