Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comics + Graphic Novels

1. Senior Member

Comics + Graphic Novels

Advertisements
    So I've recently fallen in love with comics + graphic novels and was wondering if anyone also liked them. For me, it started with picking up Nimona and then reading Rat Queens and right now I'm loving Ms. Marvel/Kamala Khan. Before this I've only read Watchmen & Sandman series. So, anyone else? And recs?
  2. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Dude, go read SAGA! Like, right now.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  3. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Also I love anything by Kaoru Mori. Her art is so detailed and wonderful. I own all of Emma and A Bride's Story.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    Dude, go read SAGA! Like, right now.
    That is one I keep seeing at the store & have almost picked it up so many times. Especially when B&N was having buy-2-get-1-free deals on image comics. Guess I'll go pick it up soon!
  5. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by Andie View Post
    That is one I keep seeing at the store & have almost picked it up so many times. Especially when B&N was having buy-2-get-1-free deals on image comics. Guess I'll go pick it up soon!
    You won't regret it. I didn't read western-style comics at all until I read that.
  6. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I loooove Sandman! I gave all my TBPs to my brother when we PCS'd and of course he won't give them back.

If you like Sandman I would recommend Kabuki, I think it has a lot of that dreamy art style even though the story is quite different (still very good though). Maus is a classic. Pride of Baghdad is amazing but it's a hard read. I feel like I could go forever about graphic novels.

Preacher is ... well, it's really something. They're making a tv show of it so it could be a nice read. It's very um ... "very" though. Intense. Weird. Too much at times. Not for everyone lol. I enjoyed it but a lot of people think it's too over the top. If you like Westerns you may enjoy it though!
  7. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?
    Yep!

H and I are reading Saga together. We're big into comics and graphic novels. I also love Watchmen, Wanted, 300, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, and a few others. I'd like to start Sandman. H is a big Marvel geek, though he loves some DC properties. We've read a little of Preacher. We're excited for the show. Yay!
    Pax, Aeon
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    You won't regret it. I didn't read western-style comics at all until I read that.
    Sooooo I definitely went and picked up the first volume and flipped through it. I'm hooked. You were totally right, it's so good!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    I loooove Sandman! I gave all my TBPs to my brother when we PCS'd and of course he won't give them back.

If you like Sandman I would recommend Kabuki, I think it has a lot of that dreamy art style even though the story is quite different (still very good though). Maus is a classic. Pride of Baghdad is amazing but it's a hard read. I feel like I could go forever about graphic novels.

Preacher is ... well, it's really something. They're making a tv show of it so it could be a nice read. It's very um ... "very" though. Intense. Weird. Too much at times. Not for everyone lol. I enjoyed it but a lot of people think it's too over the top. If you like Westerns you may enjoy it though!
    I made the mistake of lending my brother Sandman one time and it took foreverrrr to get back from him. I'll definitely look into Kabuki & Preacher. I know nothing about the comic but all the AMC series looks really good. I can't wait to watch it.

Have you read Persepolis? I always see it shelved with Maus at B&N in their like "Classics you should read" table and I've been wanting to pick them both up.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulCupcake View Post
    Yep!

H and I are reading Saga together. We're big into comics and graphic novels. I also love Watchmen, Wanted, 300, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, and a few others. I'd like to start Sandman. H is a big Marvel geek, though he loves some DC properties. We've read a little of Preacher. We're excited for the show. Yay!
    A lot of DC & Marvel stuff is so intimidating for me because I have no idea where to jump in. Which is why I've mostly stuck to smaller more self contained stories, though I would really love to get into some of the bigger name comics and graphic novels.
  10. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!
    Read Fun Home. So, so good.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast