Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What're you reading? Fall 2015

1. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket

What're you reading? Fall 2015

Advertisements
    I recently started The House of Shattered Wings by Aliette de Bodard.

It's very good, very interesting. Here's the synopsis:
    Multi-award winning author Aliette de Bodard, brings her story of the War in Heaven to Paris, igniting the City of Light in a fantasy of divine power and deep conspiracy…

In the late twentieth century, the streets of Paris are lined with haunted ruins, the aftermath of a Great War between arcane powers. The Grand Magasins have been reduced to piles of debris, Notre-Dame is a burnt-out shell, and the Seine has turned black with ashes and rubble and the remnants of the spells that tore the city apart. But those that survived still retain their irrepressible appetite for novelty and distraction, and The Great Houses still vie for dominion over France’s once grand capital.

Once the most powerful and formidable, House Silverspires now lies in disarray. Its magic is ailing; its founder, Morningstar, has been missing for decades; and now something from the shadows stalks its people inside their very own walls.

Within the House, three very different people must come together: a naive but powerful Fallen angel; an alchemist with a self-destructive addiction; and a resentful young man wielding spells of unknown origin. They may be Silverspires’ salvation—or the architects of its last, irreversible fall. And if Silverspires falls, so may the city itself.
    Fantasy, sci-fi, mystery, religion, alternate history. It's got a lot going on!

What are you reading lately?
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I'm supposed to be reading the sound of glass for a book club but I'm not too excited about it so I haven't started it what I really aNt to start is the wicked series after wanting to start it for years!
  3. Senior Member
    I've been rereading both The Outsiders and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I'm also starting The Scarlet Letter this week for banned books week.

"Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light." -John Milton
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Oh that sounds so cool! I'm finally reading All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr-- I got it a little while ago, but I've just been too bogged down to start it. Even now, I don't have time to read as often as I'd like, but I'm getting it in when I can! It's fantastic so far.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

5. Champagne Supernova
    Champagne Supernova
    Im reading something called "Ill give you the sun". Its a somewhat YA novel, but not really age appropriate for YA. Its about two twins, Jude and Noah, and it narrates from each of their point of views but at different times in their life. I really like it so far.
  6. Senior Member
    I just finished reading Dog On it. (I want to read to whole series) but for now im reading Battlefield of the mind.
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    Oh that sounds so cool! I'm finally reading All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr-- I got it a little while ago, but I've just been too bogged down to start it. Even now, I don't have time to read as often as I'd like, but I'm getting it in when I can! It's fantastic so far.
    That was the last book I finished through. I thought it was really good! If you end up liking that one I reccomend the nightingale if you haven't already read it. Though not one to read if you are already in a sad mood!
  8. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

Currently reading Michael Vey:The Prisoner of Cell 25

I heard about it on an early morning radio talk show. It's very young adult, but it's been an easy read and something good to fall asleep reading to.
  9. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!
    currently simultaneously reading 10:04 by ben lerner and the first half of an in depth elvis biography set called last train from memphis. i almost never read two things at once but ben lerner is like, super literary and requires me to be in the mood for high brow thought, and the elvis one i'm not quite invested in yet so sometimes i just feel like i'm drudging through. i've been so tired lately that i've been reading wayyyyy less than usual and it's bumming me out!

Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    oh my lord. that book was so well written but frustrated me to no end haha. more discussion on this when you're done!!
  10. Senior Member
    Also reading All the Light We Cannot See! According to my Kindle, I am 85% complete

I'm not sure what to read after this
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast