Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game of thrones BOOKS

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Game of thrones BOOKS

Advertisements
    Has anyone read them? I haven' t seen any of the TV series because I kept thinking to myself if people love the TV show so much the books must be a thousand times better and I didn't want the TV show to spoil anything for me I finally started reading the first book and I think I am hooked in. At first I was so confused with having a new character each chapter but now they are finally starting to tie into each other and I am enjoying each perspective.
  2. scotlandgrl53
    scotlandgrl53
    Blog Entries
    They are sooo well written. I like them. I usually read so quickly but can't with those so that depresses me slightly. But yes really gOod. I'm currently on feast of crows.

Eta: I also haven't seen the series or not much. for similar book versus movie reasons.
  3. Senior Member
    I've read all of them, and they are awesome. The only thing that sucks is that it's taking him FOREVER to write the 6th book, so when you finish the 5th one you may have to wait awhile.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I've read them and absolutely LOVE them. George R.R. Martin is an absolute genius in his writing. It takes a while to get through them because there is so much detail, so many characters, so many locations, etc. But they're worth it. I'm also on Feast for Crows right now. I believe GRRM is going to try to get Winds of Winter (Book 6) out before season 6 of the series.
  5. Senior Member
    I've only watch but I want to read it. That said, I've really struggled with how dense it is. Does that get better? I haven't made it too far for that reason
  6. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

I'm still on a dance with dragons. Been reading this one for almost a year, taking breaks here and there to read other books. The show is ruining the book for me now because some of the things haven't happened yet in the book (and other things are happening that didn't happen in the book and I'm all wtf). Definitely read them all first.

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I have read them all so when the series came out I couldn't stand some of the character personality changes (looking at you Jamie Lannister )

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I'm only 200 ish pages in but I have enjoyed the writing style. Even though it is a lot of details I am able to read it easily without getting bored which is something I always struggle with when trying a new book.
  9. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Read them.. the books are FAR FAR FAR better than the series. I read the first 4 books before I started watching the series, and finished the 5th book while watching season 2..

Definitely read the books before watching the series.. or at least get to book 4 before starting season 1 and finish before season 3..

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  10. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaClaire View Post
    I have read them all so when the series came out I couldn't stand some of the character personality changes (looking at you Jamie Lannister )
    So much this! I love book Jamie. Siiiigh.

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast