Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 8-2-14... What are you reading?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

8-2-14... What are you reading?

Advertisements
    Hey everyone! It's been a while since i've asked what everyone is reading. So tell me what are you currently reading? Like it? Love it? Don't suggest it?

I'm currently reading If I stay by Gayle Forman. It's slow in spots. But its okay. I want to see the movie which is why I am reading it.
  2. Senior Member
    I'm still reading Delirium. I started it last month and I'm having a hard time getting through it. It was interesting at first, now it's just boring.

I read If I Stay at the beginning of the year and I had no idea that it was going to be a movie until I saw the preview for it during XMen. I thought the same thing, slow it spots but not enough to make me want to stop reading it. I haven't read the second book yet though.
  3. Senior Member
    I'm currently rereading The Giver. It's always a good read. Once I'm done with that and my e-book is available at the library I'll be reading A Clash of Kings.

"Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light." -John Milton
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by daisyluvbug View Post
    I'm still reading Delirium. I started it last month and I'm having a hard time getting through it. It was interesting at first, now it's just boring.

I read If I Stay at the beginning of the year and I had no idea that it was going to be a movie until I saw the preview for it during XMen. I thought the same thing, slow it spots but not enough to make me want to stop reading it. I haven't read the second book yet though.
    I have heard the second book is way better! And yeah I agree hasn't made me want to stop reading because I want to know what happens.
  5. Senior Member
    I just finished The Red Queen about Henry Tudor's mother. It was awesome.

Now I'm reading The Third Twin by Ken Follet. I'm a huge Ken Follet fan, but this one is much different than his other work so we'll see how it goes. Slow to start, for sure.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  6. Senior Member
    I'm reading the Veronica Mars novel, thousand dollar tan line. Super great if you watched the show and movie! I just finished the casual vacancy and was not a fan :-(
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I'm about 100 pages from finishing A Storm of Swords. I want to jump quickly into A Feast for Crows, but I know that'll likely take MONTHS to read. My next book is The Bees by Laline Paull.. I'm excited to read that one!
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I finally finished up the alienst this week and wanted something light and fluffy so now I have absolutely been sucked into this Kiera cass the selection series, I am on the 3rd book finally! (And by finally I mean I started the series 3 days ago )
  9. Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post

Now I'm reading The Third Twin by Ken Follet. I'm a huge Ken Follet fan, but this one is much different than his other work so we'll see how it goes. Slow to start, for sure.
    The Third Twin was the first Follett book I read. I really liked it, but found his others less engaging. Plus, I have been getting e-library books, so my selection is limited. I'm going to look for the Red Queen, though.

I'm reading the Richard Sharpe adventure series by Bernard Cornwell. I had read his Civil War series, so I thought I would try these. I really like historical fiction - and Cornwell's explanations of battles are helping me gain new perspectives. His Grail series is next on my list.
  10. The Dude Abides
    The Dude Abides
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post

I love Phillipa Gregory's books! Have you read the others (TWQ, TWP, etc)?

Quote Originally Posted by #luci View Post
    I'm about 100 pages from finishing A Storm of Swords. I want to jump quickly into A Feast for Crows, but I know that'll likely take MONTHS to read. My next book is The Bees by Laline Paull.. I'm excited to read that one!
    Take your time so you don't have join other people in the endless wait for the new book.

I'm reading #Girlboss by Sophia Amoruso, it's a really good motivational kind of book, which I don't usually read.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast