Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 8-2-14... What are you reading?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    We have Kindle Unlimited now so I just picked up The Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick. I loooove sci and alt-history so it's perfect for me.

It's pretty cool, basically based on what would have happened had the Axis won WWII ... story starts out with America divvied up between Imperial Japan and Nazi Germany, interesting how each regime handles rebuilding the new US. I'm only about 25% of the way through but if the genre is up your alley I'd say give it a try.
    Someone else was JUST telling me about this Kindle unlimited. Do you think the books they have on there are worth the monthly fee?
  2. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Kaepernick View Post
    Someone else was JUST telling me about this Kindle unlimited. Do you think the books they have on there are worth the monthly fee?
    So far I don't really. =/ It's not even necessarily that I don't think the titles are worth it, it's just soooo hard to browse to find stuff I like. If I know an author or title to search for sometimes I can find things, but I like browsing too. Like for sci-fi there's almost 60K titles available but only four ways to search them, so it gets frustrating trying to find titles I might like.

We're not going to keep it after the free trial is up.

Plus we have Unlimited and it seems like there's a large overlap between what's available on the Unlimited and what's free on Prime anyway ...
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    So far I don't really. =/ It's not even necessarily that I don't think the titles are worth it, it's just soooo hard to browse to find stuff I like. If I know an author or title to search for sometimes I can find things, but I like browsing too. Like for sci-fi there's almost 60K titles available but only four ways to search them, so it gets frustrating trying to find titles I might like.

We're not going to keep it after the free trial is up.

Plus we have Unlimited and it seems like there's a large overlap between what's available on the Unlimited and what's free on Prime anyway ...
    Good to know. I won't be getting it then.
  4. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

I want to read that book too, Holls... buuuut I'm still reading A Dance with Dragons.

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  5. Love never fails. ♥
    Love never fails. ♥

I just finished If I Stay and Where She Went (the sequel) and LOVED them both a lot. I'm getting ready to start on An Abundance of Katherines.

6. sassypants
    sassypants
    East of Eden

I LOVE stories with strong ties to location, espically those places I remember so stienbeck is right up my alley
    rocket_liz is my wifey
  7. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by beth2527 View Post
    I'm currently rereading The Giver. It's always a good read. Once I'm done with that and my e-book is available at the library I'll be reading A Clash of Kings.
    I am also reading The Giver (again. Read it in high school) and didn't know it was part of a series. Imagine my surprise when I found that out. The movie is coming out in a few months and I want to refresh myself on the plot before I see it. Another book I'm reading at the same time is Health At Every Size.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123