Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Kindle Update- Goodreads

1. Moooooo!!
    Moooooo!!

Kindle Update- Goodreads

Advertisements
    I just grabbed my kindle and saw that it updated. It now has Goodreads and a few other things on it.

I have seen a lot of you talk about Goodreads, and now that it's on my kindle, I'm excited to try it out.

I have the Kindle Paperwhite, and I created an account on it. Now I have no idea what to do. Where do I start? Has anyone else seen how it looks on the Kindle?

What do I do?!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

goodreads has been popping up in a lot more of my google searches for reviews of books....
  3. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

I'm curious too about this goodreads thingy.
  4. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    I freakin' love goodreads. Its like social media for readers and book lovers.
    You make an account and can then "friend" or "follow" people, read and write book reviews, make lists of books you want to read or have read, etc. It took a little bit for me to get in to it because I had to find people who's reviews I wanted to follow, but I just kept recording books I've read and eventually found people with similar tastes. Now I just scroll through my "newsfeed" to see the latest reviews of the people I follow which leads me to finding a ton of books I've never heard of.
    Here's my account if you want to check it out and see a little bit of how I use it: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/5549838-jenni

Obviously I really like goodreads

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

5. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    I just made a goodreads account yesterday after reading about it in the 52 books thread add me if you want!
    https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/32506066-elizabeth
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenni Penni View Post
    I freakin' love goodreads. Its like social media for readers and book lovers.
    You make an account and can then "friend" or "follow" people, read and write book reviews, make lists of books you want to read or have read, etc. It took a little bit for me to get in to it because I had to find people who's reviews I wanted to follow, but I just kept recording books I've read and eventually found people with similar tastes. Now I just scroll through my "newsfeed" to see the latest reviews of the people I follow which leads me to finding a ton of books I've never heard of.
    Here's my account if you want to check it out and see a little bit of how I use it: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/5549838-jenni

Obviously I really like goodreads
    And let's not forget about the recommendations. Goodreads will recommend books based on books you've read, books you want to read, and different genres of books that you add. You can also ask the entire Goodreads community for recommendations based on something you've already read or on a topic you're interested in.

My goodreads is: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/5244669-beth

"Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light." -John Milton
  7. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by beth2527 View Post
    And let's not forget about the recommendations. Goodreads will recommend books based on books you've read, books you want to read, and different genres of books that you add. You can also ask the entire Goodreads community for recommendations based on something you've already read or on a topic you're interested in.

My goodreads is: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/5244669-beth
    I've found some books from Goodreads that I would have never heard about otherwise.

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson