Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommend a book for me!

1. Moooooo!!
    Moooooo!!

Recommend a book for me!

Advertisements
    I'm going on vacation tomorrow and am looking for a couple books for the flight and sitting by the pool and such.

It's sometimes hard for me to get into a book, so it's important that I find some that grab you at the very beginning.

What are you currently reading, or what have you read that you would recommend?
  2. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    What genres do you like?
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  3. Moooooo!!
    Moooooo!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    What genres do you like?
    I'm actually open to anything at this point. Normally I gravitate toward the romance side of things, but I'm getting a little tired of those, for now.
  4. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    I really liked The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros, but it's really short.
  5. Moooooo!!
    Moooooo!!
    I know that typically people read books before seeing the movies, but since I have seen both of the Hunger Games movies, I was thinking about trying those. I tried the first one once, but couldn't get into it. Maybe I can now? I have also heard a lot of good things about Divergent.
  6. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    I honestly haven't read either. I saw the first Hunger Games movie and liked it enough that I will watch the rest I kinda OD'd on young adult fantasy/scifi books in the last couple years so I am not super interested in reading them yet.

Also, just checking, but you've read harry potter, right? I mean, that would be my #1 recommendation ever, in case someone hasn't read them (like my DH )
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by SamiLynn View Post
    I know that typically people read books before seeing the movies, but since I have seen both of the Hunger Games movies, I was thinking about trying those. I tried the first one once, but couldn't get into it. Maybe I can now? I have also heard a lot of good things about Divergent.
    If you're ok with teen fiction Divergent is great. I loved it. A Discovery of Witches is really good too.

I Eelizah
  8. Moooooo!!
    Moooooo!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    I honestly haven't read either. I saw the first Hunger Games movie and liked it enough that I will watch the rest I kinda OD'd on young adult fantasy/scifi books in the last couple years so I am not super interested in reading them yet.

Also, just checking, but you've read harry potter, right? I mean, that would be my #1 recommendation ever, in case someone hasn't read them (like my DH )
    Yes! I have read the Harry Potter books. You should probably force him to read those.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I recommend the sookie stackhouse series. I loved it! It's hard for me to get into books as well but these ones were fun reads. I think the first one in the series is "dead until dark"
  10. Moooooo!!
    Moooooo!!
    Quote Originally Posted by *Emma* View Post
    I recommend the sookie stackhouse series. I loved it! It's hard for me to get into books as well but these ones were fun reads. I think the first one in the series is "dead until dark"
    I have heard of these! I don't know much about the series though. What is it about?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast