Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What next?

1. Regular Member

What next?

Advertisements
    So, I've read the Hunger Games and loved it. Had a book hang over for months. Now, I'm on Divergent series and adore it. However, I am almost done. Does anyone recommend another book series that is similar to the 2 or even just a book by itself? Let me know. I want to keep reading. The DH is at Ranger school and books are the best thing to keep my mind busy. (besides doing school work BLEH) haha.
  2. Regular Member
    I just read the Hunger Games! I was a little late to the game, too, everyone I know has been trying to get me to read it for years so I caved. So good. My Nook recommended "Pandemonium" by Lauren Oliver (haven't read it personally).
  3. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    Read Angelfall by Susan Ee. It's amaze-freakin-balls, you have to read it

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

4. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    I recommend the demonsouled series by Johnathan Moeller.The books are great and on the authors site he always writes back to answer questions and is always super nice! Also the first book is free on kindle and nook. So you can always see if you like it before buying the rest.
    The Demonsouled Series | Jonathan Moeller, Pulp Writer
    Banned
    If you go to amazon and the listing for one of the hunger game books, about half way down the page there is section that suggest similar books to the one you're looking at. It's how I browse books now that I'm never at the store.
  6. Senior Member
    Delirium by Lauren Oliver is really good. It's a 3 book series.

Another series I highly recommend is the Chicagoland Vampire series by Chloe Neill. I really enjoy them.
    Double Ring Proposal 10/5/2011 made Augusta my MSOS wifey
    skp is my rockin' Cali pal
    No more ticker!!! Deployment #2 is over
  7. scotlandgrl53
    scotlandgrl53
    Blog Entries
    The Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier and the rest of the Gem Series (There are 3) are good and kind of the same genre.
    I need a
    a
    I don't have forever or

So don't let me

I AshleyO
  8. Regular Member
    Thanks for the recommendations! I've started reading The City of Bones series after watching the movie. It was sort of intriguing but I was told that the books were so much better (as usual) so I thought I would give that one a try. After this though I will definitely check those other books out. Gotta love e-books. Multiple books at your fingertips! It's great!
    Banned
    Blue Bloods by Melissa De La Cruz is a decent vampire series.
  10. Living in paradise :D
    Living in paradise :D
    Quote Originally Posted by MissBrenna View Post
    Thanks for the recommendations! I've started reading The City of Bones series after watching the movie. It was sort of intriguing but I was told that the books were so much better (as usual) so I thought I would give that one a try. After this though I will definitely check those other books out. Gotta love e-books. Multiple books at your fingertips! It's great!
    I loved the Mortal Instruments Series including the prequals.

I recently finished the Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning and it was AMAZING. One of the best I've come across in a long time. It's urban fantasy (I think that's the genre name). I loved the plot (and plot twists), her writing style and it kept me guessing until the very end. I felt it was pretty unpredictable and I'm usually pretty good at guessing what will happen. A lot of it was pretty dark, though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast