Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: pregnancy books

  1. Account Closed
    USAFwife7492's Avatar
    USAFwife7492 is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    amherst new york
    Posts
    1,466
    #1

    pregnancy books

    Advertisements
    What are some pregnancy books you all would recommend? I want to be well educated on it and thought that some books would be a good idea!
  2. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    amandalouwho2's Avatar
    amandalouwho2 is offline
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Jarrell, Texas
    Posts
    10,443


    #2
    What to Expect When You're Expecting is my favorite.

    I got the Baby Center book too but you can register on the website for both of those (Baby Center and What to Expect) and they give you just as much info for free rather than buying the book and you'll get weekly updates on your pregnancy!


  3. Senior Member
    missinghim's Avatar
    missinghim is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,316
    #3
    Don't read Jenny McCarty's book, even just for fun. She sounds like an idiot and it wasn't remotely funny or informative. Pregnancy 411 and What to Expect are both great, IMO.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

    Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  4. Account Closed
    USAFwife7492's Avatar
    USAFwife7492 is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    amherst new york
    Posts
    1,466
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by amandalouwho2 View Post
    What to Expect When You're Expecting is my favorite.

    I got the Baby Center book too but you can register on the website for both of those (Baby Center and What to Expect) and they give you just as much info for free rather than buying the book and you'll get weekly updates on your pregnancy!
    i downloaded the app for what to expect lol but I mean I want so much more info like foods to eat what not to eat what to do what not to do. lol
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    KnittingGuamMama's Avatar
    KnittingGuamMama is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kings Bay, GA
    Posts
    6,535

    #5
    My favorite was the Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy. Written in a funny tone, more like your best friend talking to you. I had WTEWYE but that book is like information overload to the MAX and basically scared the hell out of me reading it I will have to find the other book that I have and like, I can't remember the title off the top of my head.
  6. Account Closed
    USAFwife7492's Avatar
    USAFwife7492 is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    amherst new york
    Posts
    1,466
    #6
    I just bought The Pregnancy Book: Month-by-Month, Everything You Need to Know From America's Baby Experts
  7. Senior Member
    Tango'sGirl's Avatar
    Tango'sGirl is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Annapolis
    Posts
    3,034
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by KnittingGuamMama View Post
    My favorite was the Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy. Written in a funny tone, more like your best friend talking to you. I had WTEWYE but that book is like information overload to the MAX and basically scared the hell out of me reading it I will have to find the other book that I have and like, I can't remember the title off the top of my head.
    This! LOVED The Girlfriend's Guide. I didn't want a dry, super technical read...I wanted to read "real" talk from someone who's been through it. The Girlfriend's Guide is a super easy read and parts will make you laugh out loud. Then if you'd like, you can supplement that with a more medical or technical book.
  8. Account Closed
    USAFwife7492's Avatar
    USAFwife7492 is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    amherst new york
    Posts
    1,466
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango'sGirl View Post
    This! LOVED The Girlfriend's Guide. I didn't want a dry, super technical read...I wanted to read "real" talk from someone who's been through it. The Girlfriend's Guide is a super easy read and parts will make you laugh out loud. Then if you'd like, you can supplement that with a more medical or technical book.
    Okay awesome thanks
  9. Senior Member
    Sushi's Avatar
    Sushi is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,102

  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    katinahat's Avatar
    katinahat is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    20,893

    #10
    By far and above the best that I came across (I read What to Expect and didn't like it-- too mushy gushy for me):

    Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy: From Doctors Who Are Parents, Too!: By the pregnancy experts at Mayo Clinic: 9781561487172: Amazon.com: Books

    Mayo Clinic's Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy was awesome.
    ​​​

    “Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •