Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are you reading?

1. Moooooo!!
    Moooooo!!

What are you reading?

Advertisements
    I need a new book or series to read. Sometimes I think it's sad how fast I finish books and then have to go on a hunt for another.

So, do you have any suggestions? What are you reading now and what is it about?
  2. Senior Member
    sharp objects by gillian flynn. i feel like i've been reading it forever. i heard it was good but ive been having a hard time getting through it. its about 2 girls who were murdered within a year in a small town and a reporter from chicago (whose whom town it happened in) goes to cover the story and find out what happened.

eta: i wanna read this. my mom suggested it to me http://www.amazon.com/Room-ebook/dp/...ords=room+book
  3. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

I'm reading Divergent. It seems kind of like The Hunger Games. I didnt actually really get into to until Ch 18 or so
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cassadilla View Post
    sharp objects by gillian flynn. i feel like i've been reading it forever. i heard it was good but ive been having a hard time getting through it. its about 2 girls who were murdered within a year in a small town and a reporter from chicago (whose whom town it happened in) goes to cover the story and find out what happened.

eta: i wanna read this. my mom suggested it to me Amazon.com: Room: A Novel eBook: Emma Donoghue: Kindle Store
    Have you read Gone Girl? That's the one that blew up for the author and my God, it was addicting. I loved it. It took a little while to get sucked in but I was so sad when it was over.

I juuuust finished The Glass Castle and it was also excellent.

I started The Kite Runner the other night. I'm not hooked yet but I'm gonna give it a few more chapters before I give up.
  5. Moooooo!!
    Moooooo!!
    Quote Originally Posted by airmanssweetie View Post
    I'm reading Divergent. It seems kind of like The Hunger Games. I didnt actually really get into to until Ch 18 or so
    I was looking into this one. I tried to get into The Hunger Games, but it wasn't for me. When I read about this one, I thought it was a similar idea and wasn't sure if I should try it.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I'm not reading anything because Samm hasn't found me a good book to read.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katayoun View Post
    Have you read Gone Girl? That's the one that blew up for the author and my God, it was addicting. I loved it. It took a little while to get sucked in but I was so sad when it was over.

I juuuust finished The Glass Castle and it was also excellent.

I started The Kite Runner the other night. I'm not hooked yet but I'm gonna give it a few more chapters before I give up.
    i couldnt get through the sample i downloaded im gonna say i probably just don't like the author.
  8. simply_sweetx0
    simply_sweetx0
    I am reading American Wife. It's really good but , I don't know much about books that are series. I just pick books based off the NY Times Bestseller List.

Or I wander around the bookstore and look through different genres to find a book that will keep my interest.
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I just downloaded the wizard of oz (I've never read the book) but I think I got a funky edition, something just doesn't seem right.

I also want to get Confession of a Military Wife I've heard it's funny

I really like the TV show Bones, and she has a book series that is similar to the tv show. They're def not really "make you think" kind of books (they do have a lot of medical terms and science and stuff going on though), but I like them.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cassadilla View Post
    i couldnt get through the sample i downloaded im gonna say i probably just don't like the author.
    Totally possible. The beginning was pretty meh but not to the point where I couldn't get through it, obviously
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast