Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Kindle Suggestions

1. Regular Member

Kindle Suggestions

Advertisements
    I recently downloaded the Kindle App for my iPad. Never thought I would jump on the ereader bandwagon, but have to say... I love only carrying around the iPad versus a bulkier book.

Looking for suggestions.

Love fantasy books (favorite series is the Wheel of Time series) and romance series (especially anything by Johanna Lindsey!).
  2. Senior Member
    I love the Kindle app for the iPad! I've got a lot of books downloaded. I have mostly cookbooks, chick lit and self help. I recently read Divergent and LOVED it. I'm currently reading Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling. Many of the books that I have on my kindle right now are free downloads from Amazon or e-books that I have checked out from the library.

I'm not big into fantasy books but my husband is. He's read the Wheel of Time series and loves to read Terry Goodkind.

Are you on goodreads? If you're not, I highly suggest that you join! It's free and I've loaded my TBR list with enough books to get me through the next three years.
  3. Senior Member
    If you get a library card, more and more libraries are getting a decent Kindle selection now that Kindle has opened up its format for lending, so you can get lots of good content for free!

I too really enjoyed Divergent, and the second in the planned trilogy, Insurgent, was good as well. (I didn't think it was as great as the first, though.)

I used to be a snob who refused to read romance, and I've only been "allowing" myself to enjoy it for a couple years. I really like Sherry Thomas, Meredith Durant, and the "Rule of Scoundrels" series by Sarah MacLean
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  4. Senior Member
    Divurgent is an amazing series, can't wait for the next and last one. The Switched trilogy by Amanda Hocking (she has a good zombie series too), Cassandra Clare, the Game of Thrones series, Night Circus, Water for Elephants of course, Hunger Games. Not sure if they're on the kindle but a couple of good love stories are God Shaped Hole and How to Kill a Rockstar by Tiffani Debartolo..I could obviously go on and on lol.
  5. Regular Member
    Ermagerrrddd.. Girl, go check out my shelves on Goodreads.com All romance, fantasy, urban fantasy, and paranormal romance !!

Athena (athytee) - (305 Books, 4.36 Average Rating)
  6. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    There are some good sites that show you what kindle books are free that day! Definitely look for the free stuff so if you don't like it you're not out any money.
  7. Regular Member
    I'll have to check out goodreads... it sounds like a nifty site!!

Thanks for all of the suggestions. Since I work at a campus police department, it can get pretty "slow" and "boring" over the summer (DH says he likes it that way for me... no crime, haha!). I'm wanting to fill up the hours with reading.

I definitely plan on re-reading the Wheel of Time series from beginning to end, but that shouldn't take the whole summer (not for me, I read very quickly).

I'm so excited about these ideas. Whoo!
  8. Regular Member
    For anyone that wants to add me on Goodreads, I created this. Thanks so much for the suggestion! I'm loving this so far. So many recommendations..

https://www.goodreads.com/kimfannin90