Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: book suggestions please!

1. Classic Bookworm
    Classic Bookworm

book suggestions please!

Advertisements
    I just finished my last two books yesterday and now I need some suggestions. I like distopia books, like hunger games or the giver, and books about Amish culture or set in the time period area of Amish community(Like plain truth) or Books set in the early days of Mormonism(the 19th wife, the sister wife ect)
    I'm on good reads but it's not working for me right now and I'm at a total loss for what to read next!

SailorsBunny is my amazing Wifey
  2. Proud Army Wife :)
    Proud Army Wife :)
    Have you read Divergent or Insurgent? They are the first two books in a distopia series. People that have read the hunger games have really gotten into them.
  3. Classic Bookworm
    Classic Bookworm
    Quote Originally Posted by ka01523 View Post
    Have you read Divergent or Insurgent? They are the first two books in a distopia series. People that have read the hunger games have really gotten into them.
    no I haven't I'll look into them

4. Senior Member
    Totally not in your listed genres (which I'm totally into, too but can't think of any right now) but I just finished the Penal Colony a couple of weeks ago and it was really good. It's about a penal colony (bet you weren't expecting that ) off the coast of England and it is a really interesting look at the society that the men create. It's a good read. last night I finished The Last Bartender which is about modern day prohibition. It was good, too, but totally a throw away mob drama. Well, the mob is peripheral and the main characters are really loveable. I'll scan my shelves and see if I can find anything more up your alley to suggest.
  5. Senior Member
    11/22/63 by Stephen King.

Its historical fiction about the Kennedy Assassination. Very good book.
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  6. Proud Army Wife :)
    Proud Army Wife :)
    Give Divergent a try... another book that somewhat looks at distopia is 'Matched'... its on B&Ns top YA reads. We have a lot of the same tastes in books! I love them!
  7. Senior Member
    Divergent series! You'll LOVE them, I guarantee it!!
    Gotta look this life in the eye.
  8. Classic Bookworm
    Classic Bookworm
    Quote Originally Posted by maegan View Post
    Totally not in your listed genres (which I'm totally into, too but can't think of any right now) but I just finished the Penal Colony a couple of weeks ago and it was really good. It's about a penal colony (bet you weren't expecting that ) off the coast of England and it is a really interesting look at the society that the men create. It's a good read. last night I finished The Last Bartender which is about modern day prohibition. It was good, too, but totally a throw away mob drama. Well, the mob is peripheral and the main characters are really loveable. I'll scan my shelves and see if I can find anything more up your alley to suggest.
    I've never read one like that, I'll have to see if I can try and find a copy or if it's on amazon, it sounds good.

Give Divergent a try... another book that somewhat looks at distopia is 'Matched'... its on B&Ns top YA reads. We have a lot of the same tastes in books! I love them!
    I've read all of matched, I just didn't know if any one would know it. For some reason I really like Distopia books right now. I'll look into Divergent.

9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

with Divergent and Insurgent!!!

Also look into the Delirium books! AAAAAAMAZZZZZZING!
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Sci Fi:

Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler

The Handmaids Tale by Margaret Atwood

Children of Men - P.D. James

Amish Era:

The Witch of Blackbird Pond (ok, so this is more Salem witch trials, but to me that's akin to Amish lol)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast