Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whatcha reading?

1. Senior Member

Whatcha reading?

Advertisements
    I'm super late to the party but I'm about halfway through 50 Shades of Grey. I agree with others, the writing is pretty bad but not as bad as other erotica I've read. I'm still going through it pretty good, I just got it and it's occupying me so that's good. What are you all reading?
  2. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    I'm reading The Golden Key right now. Blurb from Wiki:

Set in what might loosely be described as an alternative Italy, the novel traces a family of painters who, by nature of their Gifts, can influence events around them. In the Grijalva family, the Gifted males are usually sterile and short-lived; the women, who may be gifted for painting, but not Gifted for the particular type of painting that alters what it portrays, are generally kept within the family to produce children. However, one woman per generation is official mistress to the ruling Duke's Heir, so that the family maintains its influence at Court. The story develops when a particularly Gifted and unscrupulous Grijalva painter finds a way to continue living through successive generations. As the political and social climate changes, including revolutions in neighboring countries and democratic challenges to the ruling Dukes, this increasingly conservative painter seeks to hold onto the past, and especially his first love, whom he has imprisoned in a painting.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  3. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    I just got on (within the last 2 days) a non-fic kick. I'm currently reading "The Cornered Cat" by Kathy Jackson. I also ordered 3 books by William Glasser on Reality Therapy and Choice Theory. I'm such a nerdy.

However, last week, was reading Mortal Instruments: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (the movie is coming out in 2014). The writing isn't particularly good, but I just wanted something light after slogging my way through a book I'd randomly pulled off DH's shelf called "Patriots". That book reads like a survivalist field manual, but I'd heard it mentioned a couple times and I decided to read it. DH warned me that I wouldn't like it. Said his old team leader gave it to him, and that's why he had it. But whatever, I wanted to read it for myself.

After City of Bones, I downloaded Girl in the Wild by Beth Orsoff onto the kindle. I'm about to give up. The writing isn't completely terrible, but its about as "deep" as Confessions of a Shopaholic-- and I hated that book as well. That's what prompted me to go towards non-fic for a while. I feel like I need to purge my brain of the drivel.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  4. Senior Member
    just re-read the Crossfire series (along the same lines as 50). and read Safe Haven since im seeing the movie this weekend. now im re-reading The Lucky One and starting on the 5 love languages
    we kicked deployment #2's butt!

5. Senior Member
    I just finished Beautiful Creatures. I downloaded the whole series on my Kindle the other day because they were on crazy sale. I really enjoyed it and am excited to start the next one!
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I am currently reading a self published book by a Army wife. It's called the Valentines Day Arrangement or something like that. It's okay, I wouldn't say it's the best writing but it has kept me entertained and wondering what will happen. Typically i'm not to picky as long as i'm entertained.
  7. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.
    Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.

In the middle of Safe Haven, waiting to re-read the Host, and I just got two books from amazon, one called God Strong about military wives, and another is like a guide for military wives (Its great to have all of you ladies, of course, but it helps to have a book too. lol)

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Beneath the Glitter. Its about two Youtube stars who move to LA and them getting used to it there. so far its ok...not the best but its a good break for seriousness lol
  9. Senior Member
    Just got finished reading "Beautiful Creatures."

I'm reading "The City of Lost Souls."

After that, I start "Atlas Shrugged."
  10. Senior Member
    i was thinking about starting beautiful creatures, i heard good things about it
    we kicked deployment #2's butt!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast