Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Help Finding A Book!

1. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.

Need Help Finding A Book!

Advertisements
    Alright I need some help

I really want a new book to read, but can't seem to find anything. It's been so long since I've had to find a new author to try out

I've been reading Iris Johansen forever, but her new book doesn't come out until the end of the month, and I'm having book withdrawals (I usually read an entire book in 1-2 days ). I love romance books, I honestly can't read anything without some romance, but I hate strictly romance novels. I do however fantasy love novels (including mind reading/magical powers/witches/etc), and I love straight up mystery romances.

I just tried out the book Fallen by Lauren Kate, and it was a little too boring for me.

I did enjoy The Host by Stephanie Meyer, and Fifty Shades (once I got through the first book and a half I finally started to like them ) but other than that I've never really read anything outside of Iris Johansen

Sooo....if ya'll can think of anything that falls in those categories, let me know!

2. Banned
    Banned
    Virgin River (Virgin River, Book 1): Robyn Carr: 9780778314158: Amazon.com: Books

I've been reading this series. There's a number of them in there. This is the first one. Not sure if it's something you'd be interested in.
  3. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

I can't remember if there is romance in it or a lot anyway. But I remember these were some fun reads. They are all more in a "teen catagory" easy reads. but they are good books.

The Clearwater Crossing Series by Laura Payton Roberts . They are romancey, teen books. Fun though, imo. Super easy read
    Replica - Amy number Seven. I can't remember if they have romance but I thought they were neat.
    The Wind Blows Backwards by Mary Downing Hahn- This is one my favorite books. It has Romance again kind of "teenesque" but I think it is a really good book for showing lessons and development in life and security in ones self as well as letting go of trials and hardships. DH even likes it. I like all her books.
  4. Senior Member
    Do you like historical romance at all?
  5. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Thanks ladies, I'll look those up real quick!

Quote Originally Posted by JaneSays View Post
    Do you like historical romance at all?
    Not sure I know what that is Do you mean romance novels set many years past?

6. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    First Love Cookie Club by Lori Wilder is a charming story with a decent romance. I had no idea it was that kind of book so it kinda shocked me when I turned the page and was like , but I did enjoy it.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  7. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Quote Originally Posted by *YDoIGrowPeople* View Post
    Thanks ladies, I'll look those up real quick!

Not sure I know what that is Do you mean romance novels set many years past?
    Pride and Prejudice, Atonement, Safe Haven, Emma are all good books too. With romance.
  8. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

DIVERGENT! And then the sequel, Insurgent! They are by Veronica Roth. Both of them really good! The third one comes out this year, too!

I am also about the start the Song of Fire and Ice series (Game of Thrones) because I am so in love with the show. Also, I am reading Warm Bodies and it's a good read so far!

9. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

I also read this one recently, which is a supposed to be a romance but I was surprised at how little the romance really took over the book. It isn't a literary work of art, but it was a fun easy read.
    Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble (Jolie Wilkins, #1) by H.P. Mallory - Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists

10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Pure (Pure, #1) by Julianna Baggott - Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists Pure by Julianna Baggot is awesome and the second book in the series just came out. It's kind of Hunger Games/Post Apocalyptic World but super amazing!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast