Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Need new book ideas!

1. Senior Member

Help Need new book ideas!

Advertisements
    I am completely out of books to read! This is a sad situation to be in, for me, because I usually have an over abundance of books to read. So I thought maybe I would get some recommendations from you all! I normally will give anything a chance, but I tend to stay away from anything overly adult. I read mostly in the YA category. Some of my favorites include The Vampire Academy series, The Morganville Vampire series, the Falling From Grace series. I also love all of Jessica Sorensons and Jennifer Armentrouts stuff! Any recommendations would be great!
  2. Senior Member
    Hmmmm... Since you seem to like vampires/paranormal stuff, have you tried The Vampire Diaries? They're pretty good, and I know L.J. Smith has some other books about paranormal stuff like the Night World books. Other than that, I haven't read many books in that category, but my best friend has. She's told me The Wolves of Mercy Falls series is pretty good, as well as the Sookie Stackhouse books, but I think the Sookie Stackhouse books are a little bit more adult. As far as any other books I would recommend, I love all of Ellen Hopkins' books, and I really enjoy Lauren Oliver's Delirium trilogy so far! (The third one is released in March I believe.)
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sammi2012 View Post
    Hmmmm... Since you seem to like vampires/paranormal stuff, have you tried The Vampire Diaries? They're pretty good, and I know L.J. Smith has some other books about paranormal stuff like the Night World books. Other than that, I haven't read many books in that category, but my best friend has. She's told me The Wolves of Mercy Falls series is pretty good, as well as the Sookie Stackhouse books, but I think the Sookie Stackhouse books are a little bit more adult. As far as any other books I would recommend, I love all of Ellen Hopkins' books, and I really enjoy Lauren Oliver's Delirium trilogy so far! (The third one is released in March I believe.)
    I've read all those that you have mentioned with the exception of the Ellen Hopkins and Lauren Oliver! So, I will def have to check those out! Thank you!
  4. Senior Member
    I've been reading the Gillian Flynn books and they are easy to read but with really complex, great stories!
    Mommy since 2009
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather0315 View Post
    I've read all those that you have mentioned with the exception of the Ellen Hopkins and Lauren Oliver! So, I will def have to check those out! Thank you!
    Haha, I figured because those are all pretty popular from what I understand. Anyway, my favorite Ellen Hopkins books are Impulse and Perfect, but they're all pretty good IMO. Her style may take awhile to get used to though; she writes in free verse, and usually from various characters' perspectives.
  6. Senior Member
    If you're looking for vampires I STRONGLY recommend Sunshine by Robin McKinley. It has a two adult-ish scenes but I really, really like it.

YA fantasy type novels? I've got tons of recommendations...

Curse Workers series by Holly Black (first one is called White Cat).
    The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson (it's sequel comes out soon).
    Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor.
    Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake.
    The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare (first one is City of Bones).
    The Gemma Doyle trilogy by Libba Bray (first one is A Great and Terrible Beauty).

More sci-fi-ish YA novels (not very sci fi)?

Uglies by Scott Westerfield and its sequels.
    Cinder by Marissa Meyer.
    Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card.

General YA?

I really like Sarah Dessen. Any of her books are good.
  7. HE IS HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HE IS HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have started reading a series called Providence, It is by jamie mcguire (sp?)....I started reading the first book and then now am on the second one, its one of those books that sucks you in, has demons, angels witches and humans... Pretty interesting.

8. Navy Wife Extraordinaire
    Navy Wife Extraordinaire

Gone Girl