Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Does anyone have a Goodreads profile?

1. Banned
    Banned

Question Does anyone have a Goodreads profile?

Advertisements

Do you find that you enjoy their recommendations?

How many books are on your Want to Read list?

Which book have you rated as a favorite?

Which have you rated the lowest? Why?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Oh! I didn't see this thread Thanks for pointing it out!

I just started it and only have 12 books on my to-read "shelf" but that's the tip of the iceberg. I buy books constantly so I have a bunch that are waiting to be read, I just have to go through them. I've only rated 49 books so far, just sort of messing around with it, but I can tell already that the recommendations feature is pretty spot on, at least for my tastes.

Some of my favorites include Oryx and Crake, Nightfall, Brave New World, Persepolis, Maus, Ender's Game, and Franny and Zooey. I plan to spend more time going through what I've read, especially in the way of classics, because it's been quite a while since I've been into any of those.

My lowest rated book is Water for Elephants, but to be fair I've only just started my list. I know it was pretty popular but I just wasn't a fan of the characters (Marlena in particular) and the two story lines. I don't want to use any spoilers so I'll just leave it at that.

When I decided to do the 52 in 52 challenge I needed a way to organize my thoughts and find new books and authors to get into. I believe it was Wicked that mentioned Goodreads. I like it a lot
  3. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

I have a Goodreads, but I always forget to add my books to it. I have to sit down this weekend and do that.

I mostly rate everything 4 and 5 stars...I love almost every book in the world!

I currently have 60 books on my read shelf, 7 on my to read, and 0 on my currently reading even though currently I'm working on a few different books. I have 1 on my abandoned shelf, the only book I have ever rated under 3 stars. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. The book has one or two nice quotes, but really it is a piece of trash that should not have been published.

ETA: I almost always love the recommendations. I am not hard to please when it comes to books.

4. Open arms, open heart
    Open arms, open heart
    I like goodreads a lot! I've been using it for awhile and it's a good way to keep track of all the books I want to read, and my yearly reading goals. I have about 250 on my to read list.

Some of my favorite books: Peter Pan, How I Paid For College, HP, The Grapes of Wrath, What is the What, A Thousand Splendid Suns, Life of Pi, Catcher in the Rye, A Storm of Swords.

The Twilight books and a book given to me by a guy who used to work in my office called How To Start a War For Profit are among my lowest rated.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    I usually rate books highly. My lowest rated books were those I'm the Twilight series.
  6. Classic Bookworm
    Classic Bookworm
    I have 123 to read
    Rated 257
    So far when they suggest something I've read it or want to read it so it seems to be spot on.
    I haven't rated a favorite book yet...(never mind ella enchanted is now on my favorites....)
    Lowest book would be twilight...

SailorsBunny is my amazing Wifey
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I actually just set up my account yesterday! My friend helped me with it. She hasn't not liked a book she was recommended.
  8. Senior Member
    Yes! I love Goodreads. I have the app on my phone so when I go to the library I have a reference of what to look for, instead of aimlessly wandering like usual trying to remember what I wanted to read, haha.

I enjoy their recommendations... sometimes. A lot of times books that sound very interesting to me end up just not hitting the right note, like I'm just not reading it at the right time in my life or something. I felt that way about The Perks of Being a Wallflower and Looking for Alaska, like I just read them too late in life to really appreciate it or something.

Anyway, I have 88 books on my to-read list, which I thought was bad until I saw everyone else's postings

I have waaaay too many that I rated as five stars. I usually go by the word ratings, and most of them fall under "I really liked it" instead of "I loved it". The ratings are so subjective anyway, I just went and changed a bunch of my ratings because I didn't remember liking them as much as I said I did when I rated it

I have only a few one-star ratings, one of which being Jonathan Livingston Seagull. Everyone seems to be nuts about that book, but I thought it was dumb