Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 50 shades

1. Senior Member

Wow 50 shades

Advertisements
    So I know I'm probably late here, but I finished 50 Shades of Grey last night...I have no words. Is the second one good as well?

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I was way late to this party too They are so freaking addicting, I finished all 3 in a week

I hope you like the second one as much as the first!
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky. View Post
    I was way late to this party too They are so freaking addicting, I finished all 3 in a week

I hope you like the second one as much as the first!
    I finished the first one in a day and a half. It was so addicting! Off to buy the second one.

4. "I love you with ALL da loving!"
    "I love you with ALL da loving!"
    They are so goood! I loved them

"One thing that hasn't changed, and will never change, is my love for you. Aside from the fact that it grows with each thought and passing moment, the love I hold for you and you alone, is a rock. It is unyielding and it will neve falter. Believe me Elizabeth, I do and will always love you." -Quote from DB
  5. Senior Member
    No. The first one took me a couple days, and i was all over my husband when i was reading it. The second took me a couple weeks. The third one--I haven't finished yet. It's been a couple months. And it's not because I don't have time. It's just not as good IMHO.
  6. Senior Member
    I read all three of them in a couple of days. Lol. I think their quality went down with each of the books, but I had to know how it ended so I just pushed through it. I enjoyed the hell out of them, don't get me wrong, but by the end it just seemed like she was repeating the same phrases and words over and over again.

I would re-read them. Maybe not right now, but at some point I'd give it another go. ^.^

ETA - Side-note... has anyone else's Mom's been asking about the series? My Mom keeps asking me what it's about and all the answer I can give her is, "Either read the book or don't... I really can't tell you about it, Momma... " Lol.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by PunkLovesGeek View Post
    I read all three of them in a couple of days. Lol. I think their quality went down with each of the books, but I had to know how it ended so I just pushed through it. I enjoyed the hell out of them, don't get me wrong, but by the end it just seemed like she was repeating the same phrases and words over and over again.

I would re-read them. Maybe not right now, but at some point I'd give it another go. ^.^
    I completely agree. Everything was the same words over and over and over again. Like I get that the series is about that, but at least find some different words!
  8. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

I completely agree. Everything was the same words over and over and over again. Like I get that the series is about that, but at least find some different words!

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deifick View Post
    No. The first one took me a couple days, and i was all over my husband when i was reading it. The second took me a couple weeks. The third one--I haven't finished yet. It's been a couple months. And it's not because I don't have time. It's just not as good IMHO.
    This! Completely. I never even finished the third one. I skipped to the back, read a couple pages here and there to figure out what happened. T

10. Senior Member
    RIGHT? I mean, the plot and theme is fine. Far-fetched (it started out as Twilight Fan-Fiction, after all) but fun and entertaining. But after reading the same phrases and words over and over and over... it kind of leeches the excitement out of it. I sort of started making up my own phrases or inserting synonyms to read some of the latter scenarios for a little bit of variety.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast