Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Looking for some book recommendations.:)

1. Gone Hiking
    Gone Hiking

Looking for some book recommendations.:)

Advertisements
    I LOVED the Kim Harrison Hollows series and Loved the Karen Marie Moning Fever series. I love books similar to what Kim Harrison and Karen Marie Moning write. I guess they are something of paranormal mysteries and such? I like that they aren't romance books, I love the pixies, fairies, witches, vampires, and other creature type books.

Looking forward to all suggestions!
  2. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    What other fantasy series have you read? (edit: I'll put the ones that aren't very romance-y)

The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare is pretty amazing. (mystery over romance)
    I love the Anita Blake books. (mystery over romance, very much so)
    Black Dagger Brotherhood is fantastic if you want something dirty and fantastic and vampire-y (romance over mystery)
    Soulless was really good. Historical fantasy. (there definitely was romance, but her style of writing was just so enjoyable...)
    The House of Night series is definitely aimed more towards teens but I found it very addicting. (YA)
    Last edited by Jenni Penni; 10-08-2012 at 11:22 PM.

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

3. Senior Member
    Have you read all of Anne Rice's vampire books? That's one of the few vampire series that doesn't also have a lot of sex and/or romance, but that isn't YA (not that there's anything wrong with YA).
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  4. Gone Hiking
    Gone Hiking
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'm gonna check em out.
  5. Senior Member
    ive been reading Charlene Harris's Sookie Stackhouse series, because im obsessed with true blood and figured it would be interesting to read where that came from. the books are pretty good too!
  6. Gone Hiking
    Gone Hiking
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoleclare View Post
    ive been reading Charlene Harris's Sookie Stackhouse series, because im obsessed with true blood and figured it would be interesting to read where that came from. the books are pretty good too!
    I do like the True Blood shows. Hmm, maybe it's time to try the Sookie Stackhouse series? Don't know why I haven't thought of atleast trying out the first one to see how I like em.lol
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mars View Post
    I do like the True Blood shows. Hmm, maybe it's time to try the Sookie Stackhouse series? Don't know why I haven't thought of atleast trying out the first one to see how I like em.lol
    ill warn you its a lot different than the show the characters are different and some of the plot lines arent like they did on the show. but i still enjoy them.
  8. Gone Hiking
    Gone Hiking
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoleclare View Post
    ill warn you its a lot different than the show the characters are different and some of the plot lines arent like they did on the show. but i still enjoy them.
    After seeing your post here, I looked up the books some. I can see the charactors are in some different situations than the true blood on HBO. Hmm, interesting!
  9. Regular Member
    Lynsay Sands is awesome... I'm currently reading her Argeneau Novels... So far awesome read...