Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: E Readers?

1. Moooooo!!
    Moooooo!!

E Readers?

Advertisements
    Who has one? Which one do you have? Would you recommend it? What are the pros and cons for your device?

I'm looking into getting an e-reader. I don't need anything that acts like a tablet as well (iPad is not in the question), so I'm very interested in the Kindle.

Just need to get some more information collected before I make my decision

Thanks!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

DH has a nook and likes it, I have a kindle and love it, can't think of anything I don't like about it. Accept for the fact that when DH was home he was constantly stealing my kindle and using it .
  3. Banned
    Banned
    I had a kindle and loved it! I sold it when I got my iPad though and use that now, and there was no point keeping both.
  4. Senior Member
    I have a Kindle. I don't use it that often though. My Mom gave it to me after buying it for herself. She just could not stand not having a real book in hand, and she reads a ton.

Pros: Lightweight, small, can get books really easily.

Cons: A lot of books cost way more in digital version than as a real book, especially older ones. The smallness of it bothers me sometimes, to me it can be hard to concentrate on.
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  5. Senior Member
    I have a kindle 3G touch. I love it. It's so much more convinent with the little one.
  6. Senior Member
    I have a Nook & I it! Especially since my library has e-books!
  7. Senior Member
    I love my Kindle 4.The pros: low price ($79), holds many books, can check out library books online and send to my Kindle, free Amazon books, free classics books, lightweight, battery life lasts about a month with the Wifi off, and no backlight.

Cons: Needs Wifi to download (no 3G), no color, needs a light to read in dark.
    camandcmh, Love_my_airmanNP, and 867-5309 are my Sister Wives
  8. Moooooo!!
    Moooooo!!
    Quote Originally Posted by chicalelo View Post
    I love my Kindle 4.The pros: low price ($79), holds many books, can check out library books online and send to my Kindle, free Amazon books, free classics books, lightweight, battery life lasts about a month with the Wifi off, and no backlight.

Cons: Needs Wifi to download (no 3G), no color, needs a light to read in dark.
    This is the one I'm interested in getting. What do you think about the size?
  9. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    I have a Nook Color & it's my life. I use it for reading as well as everything else - listening to music, watching movies, internet, apps, ect. It's amazing

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  10. Senior Member
    I have a Kindle Fire and LOVE it! I like that you can do all kinds of stuff on it in addition to reading (internet, apps, games, streaming videos, etc.). We also had an original Kindle 3G that we loved. Unfortunately DH doesn't take very good care of it, and the screen cracked, so it's no longer readable. Kindles have gotten super inexpensive though. When we first bought our Kindle, it cost $250, and now they have them for as low as $80.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast