Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: e-books - where?

1. Senior Member

e-books - where?

Advertisements
    Ouuu how did I not notice this forum! SO exiting!!!

Do any of you ladies get e-books? If so where do you get them? I am looking for a good safe location, and ideally free place to download but I can not find anywhere - I know its possible but google is not helping me Wana share your sources?!
  2. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    I don't know if you're married, so not sure if you're eligible for this, but one of my friends just informed me that I can create my own NKO account (my husband is active duty Navy)... I assume it would be the same for Army/AKO, etc.? Anyway, in their "resources" they have a link to their Overdrive library. I have found SO many books available that I had found in my local library's e-book collection but that I was like... 147 on the wait list for LOL. I'm reading Game of Thrones right now. So that's an option if you're in the military or married to someone in the military. You can check them out for up to 30 days.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  3. Senior Member
    amazon since i have a kindle
    Last edited by nicoleclare; 08-06-2012 at 03:54 PM.
    we kicked deployment #2's butt!

4. Semper Fi kinda Life <3
    Semper Fi kinda Life <3
    Blog Entries
    I used to read brooks from ReadAnyBook.com – online reading for free. I'm not sure if you can download them and it's super basic ..but its free books non the less.

Jen2407 is my Wifey!

Come Check us out... Items designed for MilSo's!!
    Operation Military Sweethearts
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Try your library.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  6. Senior Member
    amazon and barnes & noble have free sections using their own e-book formats. Not the widest selections or the most popular books, but better than nothing.

7. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BethM View Post
    I don't know if you're married, so not sure if you're eligible for this, but one of my friends just informed me that I can create my own NKO account (my husband is active duty Navy)... I assume it would be the same for Army/AKO, etc.? Anyway, in their "resources" they have a link to their Overdrive library. I have found SO many books available that I had found in my local library's e-book collection but that I was like... 147 on the wait list for LOL. I'm reading Game of Thrones right now. So that's an option if you're in the military or married to someone in the military. You can check them out for up to 30 days.
    This is what I do. More books then I could ever want!
  8. Proud ARNG Wife
    Proud ARNG Wife
    yeah amazon def has a free section
  9. Senior Member
    Amazon. I used ot have a link to a site that had free Kindle format books (mostly older books that are now in the public domain), but I've lost it. But Amazon has a semi-decent selection of free stuff, and many more that are $1.99 or less.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by BethM View Post
    How can I do this? DH is active Navy, as well, and I've never heard of this before now...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast