Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: 50 Shades Trilogy.

  1. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    KarmaRocks's Avatar
    KarmaRocks is offline
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,212
    #1

    50 Shades Trilogy.

    Advertisements
    Anyone read it? I hadn't heard of it until yesterday. I didn't realize it was a trilogy until I bought book 3 and went to read the reviews. Now after reading the first chapter I had to put it down until I read books one and two. Grrrrr





    "Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  2. Senior Member
    gp31908's Avatar
    gp31908 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ft bliss, TX
    Posts
    1,037
    #2
    I read it over last weekend it was good. The second was the best. But if you're N avid reader, you'll probably notice some Stephanie Meyer like mistakes. The story line will pull you in but the writing itself just seemed so so to me. That being said I couldn't put them down. ( I couldn't put twilight down either btw, and I refused to read it for 3 years because I didn't want to join the fad lol)

  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    AshleyO's Avatar
    AshleyO is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,727
    #3
    What is it about?

    I Eelizah
  4. Senior Member
    Desmond4Daphne's Avatar
    Desmond4Daphne is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Me: UK Him: UK
    Posts
    567
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by gp31908 View Post
    I read it over last weekend it was good. The second was the best. But if you're N avid reader, you'll probably notice some Stephanie Meyer like mistakes. The story line will pull you in but the writing itself just seemed so so to me. That being said I couldn't put them down. ( I couldn't put twilight down either btw, and I refused to read it for 3 years because I didn't want to join the fad lol)
    Same here with the Twilight books!

    I'm on the 2nd Fifty Shades book now, and love them already, although the writing isn't the best... Bits of Christian Grey remind me a lot of DB (things he says, mannerisms and the sophisticated side)... although DB is not messed up!!
  5. Senior Member
    Pixiedust's Avatar
    Pixiedust is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Me: Germany - Him: other side of the world
    Posts
    925

    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by gp31908 View Post
    I read it over last weekend it was good. The second was the best. But if you're N avid reader, you'll probably notice some Stephanie Meyer like mistakes. The story line will pull you in but the writing itself just seemed so so to me. That being said I couldn't put them down. ( I couldn't put twilight down either btw, and I refused to read it for 3 years because I didn't want to join the fad lol)
    Maybe that's cause 50 Shades used to be a Twilight fanfic originally I guess when she got that book deal they went with publishing it fast before the hype fades instead of reviewing the writing
    PCS time is getting closer. Let our Europe adventures begin!
  6. OG Member
    April Lynne's Avatar
    April Lynne is offline
    OG Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, Tx area
    Posts
    18,486
    Blog Entries
    5
    #6
    OMG the typos in the Twilight books and in The Host drove me nutso!

    I'm really intrigued by the 50 Shades of Grey books and I'm thinking about getting them on my Kindle but it's $30 bucks for the full set so I'm a little worried I'll buy them and then not like them


  7. Senior Member
    Oh♥Merlot's Avatar
    Oh♥Merlot is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,516
    #7
    I'm still reading the first one! It's good so far
  8. Senior Member
    fallinstar's Avatar
    fallinstar is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5,863
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixiedust View Post
    Maybe that's cause 50 Shades used to be a Twilight fanfic originally I guess when she got that book deal they went with publishing it fast before the hype fades instead of reviewing the writing
    I was just about to say that. twilight for the adult moms
  9. OG Member
    April Lynne's Avatar
    April Lynne is offline
    OG Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, Tx area
    Posts
    18,486
    Blog Entries
    5
    #9
    So basically if I liked Twilight you guys are saying I'd like 50 Shades of Grey?


  10. Senior Member
    fallinstar's Avatar
    fallinstar is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5,863
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon2BmrsG View Post
    So basically if I liked Twilight you guys are saying I'd like 50 Shades of Grey?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •