Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and Hunger Games Fans (Spoilers)

1. verabot89
    verabot89

Harry Potter and Hunger Games Fans (Spoilers)

Advertisements
    I have decided that these two series are actually the exact same story.

Two surly teens, from relatively awful upbringings are almost entirely randomly and unwittingly forced into representing the masses in a revolt against a corrupt, cruel, twisted and seemingly impenetrable leadership.

Neither character (Harry or Katniss) is overwhelmingly skilled, graceful, pleasant, charismatic or popular (famous, but not necessarily popular) and yet despite these factors, the two characters narrowly escape death on several occasions, even when every one else around them is dying.

Both have just one or two obvious talents (Harry: flying and his patronus, Katniss: archery and looking spectacular in black flaming suits), and besides that they basically relied on scores of other people to save their own asses. And all those other people died.

Each of the series has two obvious factions of people representing "good" and "evil" fighting to either save or take hostile control of basically the entire human race. And oddly enough each of the good sides are led by stubborn seventeen year olds who can't follow directions, chase danger, and are perfectly willing to sacrifice their own lives for the greater good, without much thought to how this would affect the few people who actually love them or their cause.

In the end, both characters somehow win (even though they both should have been jailed and/or dead about fifty times over) and live happily ever after with their obvious counterparts.

Following a rather anticlimatic release at the end of each series, are two really shitty epilogues describing said happily ever afters. And when we close the books at the end we can finally breathe a sigh of relief knowing that Peeta is okay, and Neville became sexy.

I LOVED both of these series.... but seriously, I'm glad I'm done with the hunger games. Having read the entire series in less than two weeks, I'm rather exhausted and by the end I was so weary from Katniss's growing insanity that I was glad to be done I am glad she finally got rid of Gale and her and Peeta sort of got their lives on track.

OH! and no one in these stories EVER goes to the bathroom. EVER. Neither Harry nor Katniss were ever alone long enough, or out of impending doom long enough to go potty. Not once. These poor kids held it for YEARS.
    MrsJennyyy is mah wife

2. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries
    Well if you put it THAT way
  3. verabot89
    verabot89
    Haha I don't mean to sound so negative because i truly loved each of those series.

But by the end of each I just keep feeling like "WHY ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?!?" Not that I wanted them to be dead, of course, it just seemed so unrealistic. Hell... Harry actually WAS dead and then came back to life
    MrsJennyyy is mah wife

4. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries
    haha I know what you mean. But there still are LOADS more differences between the two tales. Katniss' world was all encompassed by this evil, whereas Harry's wasn't quite yet, it was just leading up to it.

Still though, i think they are both smart that even with out their outside help, I think they would have done a great deal of good.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitPunch. View Post
    I have decided that these two series are actually the exact same story.

Two surly teens, from relatively awful upbringings are almost entirely randomly and unwittingly forced into representing the masses in a revolt against a corrupt, cruel, twisted and seemingly impenetrable leadership.

Neither character (Harry or Katniss) is overwhelmingly skilled, graceful, pleasant, charismatic or popular (famous, but not necessarily popular) and yet despite these factors, the two characters narrowly escape death on several occasions, even when every one else around them is dying.

Both have just one or two obvious talents (Harry: flying and his patronus, Katniss: archery and looking spectacular in black flaming suits), and besides that they basically relied on scores of other people to save their own asses. And all those other people died.

Each of the series has two obvious factions of people representing "good" and "evil" fighting to either save or take hostile control of basically the entire human race. And oddly enough each of the good sides are led by stubborn seventeen year olds who can't follow directions, chase danger, and are perfectly willing to sacrifice their own lives for the greater good, without much thought to how this would affect the few people who actually love them or their cause.

In the end, both characters somehow win (even though they both should have been jailed and/or dead about fifty times over) and live happily ever after with their obvious counterparts.

Following a rather anticlimatic release at the end of each series, are two really shitty epilogues describing said happily ever afters. And when we close the books at the end we can finally breathe a sigh of relief knowing that Peeta is okay, and Neville became sexy.

I LOVED both of these series.... but seriously, I'm glad I'm done with the hunger games. Having read the entire series in less than two weeks, I'm rather exhausted and by the end I was so weary from Katniss's growing insanity that I was glad to be done I am glad she finally got rid of Gale and her and Peeta sort of got their lives on track.

OH! and no one in these stories EVER goes to the bathroom. EVER. Neither Harry nor Katniss were ever alone long enough, or out of impending doom long enough to go potty. Not once. These poor kids held it for YEARS.
    at the potty paragraph! I didn't see any of that but it makes total sense and I totally see it now! I was totally through with gale by the beginning of book 3. It was like you idiot- get with Peeta and bang him already!!!

wait, I can't remember what book they go to the games the second time in. Once they were on the beach I was hoping she wouldn't go for Gale again
  6. verabot89
    verabot89
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenAZ View Post
    at the potty paragraph! I didn't see any of that but it makes total sense and I totally see it now! I was totally through with gale by the beginning of book 3. It was like you idiot- get with Peeta and bang him already!!!

wait, I can't remember what book they go to the games the second time in. Once they were on the beach I was hoping she wouldn't go for Gale again
    I know! I think by the end Peeta and Haymitch were the only characters I liked at all. I was also sad when Finnick died....

Do you ever hear of the parody on the hunger games called "The Hunger but Mostly Death Games"? hilarious
    MrsJennyyy is mah wife

7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitPunch. View Post
    I know! I think by the end Peeta and Haymitch were the only characters I liked at all. I was also sad when Finnick died....

Do you ever hear of the parody on the hunger games called "The Hunger but Mostly Death Games"? hilarious

No, is it book or like a youtube video?
    Oh gosh when Finnick died it was so horrible. Talking about how they were ripping him to pieces- and it was just after he got happy again!
  8. verabot89
    verabot89
    No, is it book or like a youtube video?
    Oh gosh when Finnick died it was so horrible. Talking about how they were ripping him to pieces- and it was just after he got happy again!
    It's a book, it was a dollar on my kindle. I didn't stop laughing. They rename Gale "Greta"

http://www.amazon.com/Hunger-But-Mai...6294958&sr=8-1
    MrsJennyyy is mah wife

9. Senior Member
    "maybe Bratniss will somehow survive this book that she’s the narrator of."

This part of the the description made me chuckle
  10. verabot89
    verabot89
    "maybe Bratniss will somehow survive this book that she’s the narrator of."

This part of the the description made me chuckle
    I liked how it said it might be good for those teenagers currently stuck in hunger games
    MrsJennyyy is mah wife

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast