Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man

1. Senior Member

Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man

Advertisements
    What men really think about love, relationships, intimacy, and commitment

Has anyone read this?

It's by Steve Harvey, who I don't know much about, but I've heard good things about it. I've realized that I really just don't understand men. I expect them to act or think a certain way, and they don't. I just downloaded the e-book, and so far it seems really interesting and informative. Anyone else read/learned from this book?
    Camster is the best wifey ever
  2. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries
    I read this book years ago. I don't remember anything. But I do remember liking it.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Malfoy View Post
    I read this book years ago. I don't remember anything. But I do remember liking it.
    I'm wondering if it will help me understand men at ALL.
  4. verabot89
    verabot89
    I don't like books like this.

Basically, any book like this is written from one perspective... the perspective of the person writing it.

Honestly, I've found that when you boil it down to one on one with a man, they aren't very different from women. Everyone wants to be loved, respected, and have our mate be loyal. Everyone wants to achieve our goals and be acknowledged for doing so. Everyone wants to pursue their passions and have their mate support them. These things are not unique to men, and they aren't unique to women.

Men aren't very hard to understand, but they aren't "simple". In general, they mean what they say and expect us to say what we mean. And how they act toward you, is generally a good indication of how they feel about you.

Each man has his own unique needs in regard to relationships and sex, and that varies between every single of them, just like it does for females. It's up to you to find out what YOUR man needs in regard to relationships and sex and go with that. There isn't a key to understanding men, because they aren't very mysterious creatures and neither are women.

At least that's how I feel about it.

eta: I think books like this just add to stereotypes or classify men and women in weird ways.
    MrsJennyyy is mah wife

5. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder
    I just looked into this book online and I'm interested in it actually! Its only $14 on Amazon. I wish I had that money in my bank account!
  6. simply_sweetx0
    simply_sweetx0
    I read it about it year ago, I don't remember much but I did like it.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VeraBot89 View Post

Basically, any book like this is written from one perspective... the perspective of the person writing it.

Honestly, I've found that when you boil it down to one on one with a man, they aren't very different from women. Everyone wants to be loved, respected, and have our mate be loyal. Everyone wants to achieve our goals and be acknowledged for doing so. Everyone wants to pursue their passions and have their mate support them. These things are not unique to men, and they aren't unique to women.

Men aren't very hard to understand, but they aren't "simple". In general, they mean what they say and expect us to say what we mean. And how they act toward you, is generally a good indication of how they feel about you.

Each man has his own unique needs in regard to relationships and sex, and that varies between every single of them, just like it does for females. It's up to you to find out what YOUR man needs in regard to relationships and sex and go with that. There isn't a key to understanding men, because they aren't very mysterious creatures and neither are women.

eta: I think books like this just add to stereotypes or classify men and women in weird ways.

We may all want the same things, but I find men and women show it differently. I know that one perspective isn't going to open up the world of men to me, but I figure hearing from one man is better than trying to understand it on my own. I take everything I read/hear with a grain of salt. The book seems interesting, and I like to get a perspective on men other than my girl friends'
  8. verabot89
    verabot89
    Quote Originally Posted by KickDrumHeart View Post
    We may all want the same things, but I find men and women show it differently. I know that one perspective isn't going to open up the world of men to me, but I figure hearing from one man is better than trying to understand it on my own. I take everything I read/hear with a grain of salt. The book seems interesting, and I like to get a perspective on men other than my girl friends'
    yea I hear you on that.

I always just feel like books like this always sort of say the same thing, and it puts men and women in a negative light.
    MrsJennyyy is mah wife

9. was ncgirl
    was ncgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by VeraBot89 View Post

I have found this to be incredibly true.

Adventures In Love
    Follow Me: http://inthemiddletoday.blogspot.com/<----Started blogging again Updated 9/06/2012
    yeah, after a very long time of not using it I am trying to blog again!
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KickDrumHeart View Post
    Yes I read it, and it is interesting, but I'd say take it lightly and don't read it as a "bible" to understanding men. Read it as entertainment.

Bottom line is you can't generalize men OR women. Every person is unique and as much as we'd love to understand men, you can't categorize a whole species of men and say "men are like this..."

BUT, a book I really enjoyed and thought was SO TRUE was "He's Just Not That Into You"
    read that book!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast