Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for a new book

1. xMetalAnimeChick

Confused Suggestions for a new book

Advertisements
    I have a kick for reading fanasty books and what not (Anne Rice, JRR Tolkein, etc.) and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for a book for me to read? lol Its getting pretty boring around the house when the kids are sleeping.
  2. karolab
    Try the Truth Machine,, great read...
    enjoy..
  3. Senior Member
    Have you read the His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman? I read it years ago, and just revisited it this past year, and it was a wonderful fantasy story.
  4. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    I'm reading the series Hyperion by Dan Simmons. It's really good and there are 4 books. I'm on the 3rd book right now and I have all 4.

Terry Brooks - Magic Kingdom of Landover (series)

Paul B. Thompson & Tonya C. Cook - The Dargonesti (I wish I still had this book)
    Last edited by =Mrs.AiNokeA=; 04-17-2008 at 09:50 AM.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    kim harrison has a really great paranormal series out i think there are 6 or 7 books . i love them. i have read them all at this point.

there is also a crimson city series out but it has several different authors those are pretty awesome too.

i read a lot and every few months i take all the books i have read and donate them to different places like the library, the shelter for abused women, etc...

i also listen to a lot and i do mean a lot of audiobooks lol i am addicted to them.
    I feel the need to be petted too!
  6. Senior Member
    Have you read the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series? Its great. Start out with "A Game of Thrones" by George R R Martin

Ohh and there is the Redwall series. but its a bit juvenile at times
  7. Teachercat
    Quote Originally Posted by jen1982 View Post
    Have you read the His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman? I read it years ago, and just revisited it this past year, and it was a wonderful fantasy story.
    I thought it dragged a bit in the beginning of each of the books. I felt like I walking through cold molasses through the first have of the book and then it warm up. A great adventure no doubt, but a bit dodgie in spots.
  8. Teachercat
    DuPra's City of Ember...it is young adult lit, but a great read. I believe the second book is called City of light.

Since the focus of my masters has to do with literacy I have been reading a lot of young adult lit. i really like. The characters, while fewer of them are usually better development and the plot lines not convoluted.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed

the dark Tower series by Stephen King
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Teachercat View Post
    I thought it dragged a bit in the beginning of each of the books. I felt like I walking through cold molasses through the first have of the book and then it warm up. A great adventure no doubt, but a bit dodgie in spots.
    Well, I guess that's were differing opinions lie. I thought the beginning of each book was anything but dodgie. I thought it was rather fast paced to be honest. I loved his style while describing things, as it brought them to a vibrant reality for me. (I understand this can be a personal preference thing.) I read the three novels the first time in less than a months time. I thoroughly enjoyed the read, even the second time around.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast