Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: December Book

1. Not afraid to be lonely, but I still wanna learn about love.
    Not afraid to be lonely, but I still wanna learn about love.
    Blog Entries

December Book

Advertisements
    Just wondering if I could get ahead a little and if we could figure out a book for December to read. I'm a book nerd to the full, I admit it...and would love to be in on this! I'm going book shopping for my classroom this weekend and would love to be able to buy the book already too! Thanks!
  2. Independent Beachbody Coach
    Independent Beachbody Coach
    me too! One I havent read but was highly recommended to me was "Lovely Bones"

Available for the first time--a deluxe trade paperback edition of Alice Sebold's modern classic.Once in a generation a novel comes along that taps a vein of universal human experience, resonating with readers of all ages. The Lovely Bones is such a book - a phenomenal #1 bestseller celebrated at once for its narrative artistry, its luminous clarity of emotion, and its astoniishing power to lay claim to the hearts of millions of readers around the world."My name was Salmon, like the fish; first name, Susie. I was fourteen when I was murdered on December 6, 1973." So begins the story of Susie Salmon, who is adjusting to her new home in heaven, a place that is not at all what she expected, even as she is watching life on eath continue without her - her friends trading rumors about her disappearance, her killer trying to cover his tracks, her grief-stricken family unraveling. Out of unspeakable traged and loss, The Lovely Bones succeeds, miraculously, in building a tale filled with hope, humor, suspense, even joy"A stunning achievement." -The New Yorker"Deeply affecting. . . . A keenly observed portrait of familial love and how it endures and changes over time." -New York Times"A triumphant novel. . . . It's a knockout." -Time"Destined to become a classic in the vein of To Kill a Mockingbird. . . . I loved it." -Anna Quindlen"A novel that is painfully fine and accomplished." -Los Angeles Times"The Lovely Bones seems to be saying there are more important things in life on earth than retribution. Like forgiveness, like love." -Chicago Tribune

just a suggestion Im open to whatever
  3. turning heads since 1988 XD
    turning heads since 1988 XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael View Post
    me too! One I havent read but was highly recommended to me was "Lovely Bones"

Available for the first time--a deluxe trade paperback edition of Alice Sebold's modern classic.Once in a generation a novel comes along that taps a vein of universal human experience, resonating with readers of all ages. The Lovely Bones is such a book - a phenomenal #1 bestseller celebrated at once for its narrative artistry, its luminous clarity of emotion, and its astoniishing power to lay claim to the hearts of millions of readers around the world."My name was Salmon, like the fish; first name, Susie. I was fourteen when I was murdered on December 6, 1973." So begins the story of Susie Salmon, who is adjusting to her new home in heaven, a place that is not at all what she expected, even as she is watching life on eath continue without her - her friends trading rumors about her disappearance, her killer trying to cover his tracks, her grief-stricken family unraveling. Out of unspeakable traged and loss, The Lovely Bones succeeds, miraculously, in building a tale filled with hope, humor, suspense, even joy"A stunning achievement." -The New Yorker"Deeply affecting. . . . A keenly observed portrait of familial love and how it endures and changes over time." -New York Times"A triumphant novel. . . . It's a knockout." -Time"Destined to become a classic in the vein of To Kill a Mockingbird. . . . I loved it." -Anna Quindlen"A novel that is painfully fine and accomplished." -Los Angeles Times"The Lovely Bones seems to be saying there are more important things in life on earth than retribution. Like forgiveness, like love." -Chicago Tribune

just a suggestion Im open to whatever
    I read that a few years ago. Its a great book!

4. Independent Beachbody Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by ohmylis View Post
    I read that a few years ago. Its a great book!
    I didnt know it was an older book darn, probably a bad choice then since others may have read it!

What about the one Oprah just recently recommended.... "The pillars of the earth"
  5. turning heads since 1988 XD
    turning heads since 1988 XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael View Post
    I didnt know it was an older book darn, probably a bad choice then since others may have read it!

What about the one Oprah just recently recommended.... "The pillars of the earth"

It was published in 2002. but its still a good book.

Is "the pillars of the earth" by ken follett?

6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    lovely bones is an awesome book. I would read it again
  7. Not afraid to be lonely, but I still wanna learn about love.
    Not afraid to be lonely, but I still wanna learn about love.
    Blog Entries
    Lovely Bones sounds good.....Here's a link to Pillars of the Earth:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...sbn=0451225244

I just bought Love in the Time of Cholera too...Other than that, I know nothing at the moment of any other books really!
  8. Senior Member
    I started Lovely Bones but I had to stop reading because it made me feel ill. It was wonderfully written but is very disturbing. I still haven't had the time to finish the book for November So much to do so little time!
    Danielle

9. Independent Beachbody Coach
    I cant wait
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    sooo what's the book going to be??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast