Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Search for an Artist in San Angelo

1. Regular Member

Search for an Artist in San Angelo

Advertisements
    Hi guys,
    I will be moving to Tx in May. Sadly that also mean that I will be moving away from my artist that as done 5+ of my tattoos and my half sleeve. I am so nervous about it though because I am "married" to my artist and would feel weird if I started letting anyone else work on me. I'm not particularly in need of someone who uses color, but I do like the black and grey wash. Realistic look. Shading. Clean lines. Etc.

Does anyone know anyone good in that area?
  2. Senior Member
    I can't help you here but have you searched instagram? That's how I usually find stuff like this, artists there are probably using like #sanangelotattoo or something similar.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

There aren't any. Seriously. So many people I know, myself included, who got tattoos in San Angelo wish we didn't. I just got lettering that's now starting to blur together and it's only been three years, plus it was $120 for 20 minutes of work. Artists know it's a military/college town and they definitely use it to their advantage.
  4. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
    There aren't any. Seriously. So many people I know, myself included, who got tattoos in San Angelo wish we didn't. I just got lettering that's now starting to blur together and it's only been three years, plus it was $120 for 20 minutes of work. Artists know it's a military/college town and they definitely use it to their advantage.
    Oh wow thank you for the heads up. 120 for 20 minutes is seriously steep. My artist now charges 60 for something that can be done in an hour but has a 100/hour charge for anything big.. 120 is a rip off for something that isn't that good.
  5. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    It looks like a decent drive, but maybe it'd be worth it to look into driving to Austin or even San Antonio where there is probably more talent and choice.