Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Leg tattoos

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Leg tattoos

Advertisements
    I'm looking for some insight on full leg tattoos (is sleeve the correct term?). I'm considering getting portraits of my 5 dogs. Originally I thought of having their paw prints done, but 2 have died and I don't have any good pics of their feet or paw prints. So I've been kind of thinking about doing their faces instead.

So what are the pros and cons of going big? How can I expect them to change as I age? Will it look ridiculously shrunken and gross when I'm old? Let me hear your thoughts!

I Eelizah
  2. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    I didn't know you want this! Ahhhh let's chat on F B because I have lots to say!
  3. Senior Member
    I don't have a sleeve or whatever the leg equivalent is, but I do have a pretty big tattoo on my calf, goes from my ankle about half way up to my knee, and wraps around the front and back of my leg a little bit. I will say, getting tattooed on your shin bone HURTS. Not fun.

4. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Also, I forgot to mention this to you yesterday...Make sure you have a really good quality photo of their faces and see your tattoo artist's sketches before they get put on you. Trust me. Google bad portrait tattoos if you want a laugh
  5. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    My husband has a whole leg sleeve and it's rad.

life's a party, rock your body
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    You guys are all young, so I can't ask you how your legs are aging. I just don't want their faces to get all distorted and gross looking when I'm old.

I Eelizah
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
    You guys are all young, so I can't ask you how your legs are aging. I just don't want their faces to get all distorted and gross looking when I'm old.
    I dont think it matters where you put a tattoo, when you get old they all get a little wrinkly like. I have several tattoos. You have to find an artist who specializes in portrait or you will get a bad looking tattoo no matter where you put it or your age. Maybe instead of the whole leg just do the upper thigh area? And do squats to tighten your skin! LOL I say, if its something you want, just do it. :-)
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
    I will say it's faded a lot, more so than the tattoo on my wrist. And I've only had it 3-4 years.

9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by AdaraMarie View Post
    I dont think it matters where you put a tattoo, when you get old they all get a little wrinkly like. I have several tattoos. You have to find an artist who specializes in portrait or you will get a bad looking tattoo no matter where you put it or your age. Maybe instead of the whole leg just do the upper thigh area? And do squats to tighten your skin! LOL I say, if its something you want, just do it. :-)
    I've got 5 dogs to do, so it'll be whatever space that takes up. Maybe it'll be motivation to work out!

I Eelizah