Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I said 'eff it'...

1. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Yabos View Post
    Just reading this hurts.
    Ya know, you'd think so-- but I took a shower this afternoon after the gym and I've been fine. They're super sensitive and I'm trying not to eff with them, but it's really not that bad so far.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  2. Moderator

I think you're mega bad ass for this!

I'm so jealous.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    That is so cool! I had a friend who got hers done in high school and she'd clean them by using a syringe to squirt water/solution through them... it was super weird to see lol

As for the gym... my only thought is how sweat might affect them. I have zero experience with piercings other than ears, so I may just be over thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetvanity View Post
    Hah! Yeah, no... *lol*

Yeah, I will think for a long time about things like tattoos or even new hair styles/colors. But piercings (at least the ones I've considered) have always been very temporary. If I regret this decision 6 months from now or 6 years from now, I can take them out and be no better/worse for having had them.

I wonder what ppl do who get dermals and decide they no longer want them?
    Dermals tend to actually grow out of the skin.. like the skin may start rejecting it after a period of time. My sister's cheekbone/eye dermal pushed out about a year after she got it, and my co-workers chest dermal came out after about 6 months. I think they can also be surgically removed... hello skin crater! haha
  4. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?

I had mine done 2.5 years ago, and I LOVED them. But holy hell, the left one really hurt. I took them out when I was 8 months pregnant. The holes are still there I think 'cause milk comes out of them. I will get them redone if I need to, but only after I get new boobs in a few years.
    Pax, Aeon
  5. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulCupcake View Post

I had mine done 2.5 years ago, and I LOVED them. But holy hell, the left one really hurt. I took them out when I was 8 months pregnant. The holes are still there I think 'cause milk comes out of them. I will get them redone if I need to, but only after I get new boobs in a few years.
    Can you shed any light on the healing time for you? That 3 months to 1 year is quite the window!

www.SnarkyFit.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123