Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Excited and nervous

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Wow Excited and nervous

Advertisements
    So I am actually getting myself my first tattoo this Friday. I'm excited but nervous. I still live with parents, and my dad is always stressing to me to think it through. Although I've wanted one now for a year and a half. I've also complained recently to them I always feel low on cash I've saved, and I specifically saved up for this. I was quoted $400, I have a $25 deposit for that day, and only $230; I had $360, but had to take some out for gas, or something. SO now I just hope I can squander up some dough, and my parents don't yell at me about wasting my money or something...I'm 20 years old and it's my money but seriously. Wrath of the parents....

As far as my nervousness, I've getting the tattoo on my right shoulder. I heard getting one on or near the shoulder blade can hurt . But I surprisingly have a high tolerance for pain, so I dunno

For anyone curious, I'm getting this:
  2. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!
    so... you're going to show up without the money for it?
    for what it's worth, 400 seems VERY high for that, unless it's about the size of a car...but nonetheless... if that's what you were quoted...don't show up short.

i have feelings on this post... this was my very nice response.
  3. Senior Member
    The thing with parents is if you complain to them about being short on money and then blow it all on a luxury, they tend to lecture you about better money management. Which, I mean, given the rest or your post... That advice may be worth listening to? Goodluck, though! Hope it goes well.
  4. Senior Member
    I can't imagine...I hate pain. That looks pretty awesome though. Good luck and like lorem_ipsum says, don't show up short!
  5. Senior Member
    I have an addiction to getting ink. I want moreeeeee!!! I was terrified before I got my first. Now I can't wait to get another. Neat design. I have one on each shoulder. I mean, it doesn't feel all sunshine and flowers, but I love the way it feels for the most part (other than really sensitive areas and I have a superrrrr low tolerance for pain).

As for the rest, as PP said definitely don't show up short. I mean $400 sounds crazy high for that, but $230 to $400 is a HUGE gap. I can't imagine the artist being all hunky dory when you say "sewwww I know you said x amount but I only have this sewww there you go."
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Do NOT show up short. If I was the artist I would be PISSED. If he is less than nice he may decide to not do it (if you are lucky), or not do as good of a job on it. I can totally see why your parents would get onto you about money management.

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  7. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    I agree with everyone saying to have all the money. If you show up short that's not going to be good. I *always* planned and saved for my tattoos months in advance as well but wouldn't dream of showing up without all that's due + tip. Good luck!
  8. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?
    I agree with the others. How big is the tattoo supposed to be?
    Pax, Aeon
  9. Senior Member
    Don't forget to tip! and I hate to say it, but if your parents are supporting you (by you living at home) they have every right to give you their opinion (and to be honest, that's on the nice end of things)
  10. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    That's the cash money I have saved. I am actually selling some stuff, so if I use the extra I owe and put it on a card, I could pay that off before my card payment is due. It's gunna be a pretty big tattoo, though, bigger than what I posted up, so I think the price is pretty reasonable. My dad got a smaller tat, with the same price as mine. The artist initially said that was the maximum they could go, so the minimum is at least $325.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast