Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Opinions on white ink tattoos?

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Advertisements
    I like them a lot! However, they're less noticeable than a traditional black tattoo so if it's something you'd want to show off I'd reconsider.

I never knew white ink is supposed to show better on lighter skin. I'm so light I was worried they might not look as good.
  2. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kirst View Post
    I like them a lot! However, they're less noticeable than a traditional black tattoo so if it's something you'd want to show off I'd reconsider.

I never knew white ink is supposed to show better on lighter skin. I'm so light I was worried they might not look as good.
    I'm considering the white ink because it's be less noticeable. Though, I'd probably be okay at work since I wear a suit, if for any reason anyone at work saw it, like my sleeve road up or something, I'd have to cover it. It's not something I'd try and so off.

But all I've seen on the inter-webs says, the lighter the skin, the better!
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Does anyone have experience with a somewhat larger, filled in white tattoo. Most of the white ink pictures are lines rather than filled in shapes, so I'm just wondering how a filled in one would look.

I Eelizah
  4. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbynormal View Post
    I'm considering the white ink because it's be less noticeable. Though, I'd probably be okay at work since I wear a suit, if for any reason anyone at work saw it, like my sleeve road up or something, I'd have to cover it. It's not something I'd try and so off.

But all I've seen on the inter-webs says, the lighter the skin, the better!
    Think of it this way... the ink goes under your skin, right? So if you put something white under a white blanket and a brown blanket and a black blanket, which one do you see through the most?

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
    Does anyone have experience with a somewhat larger, filled in white tattoo. Most of the white ink pictures are lines rather than filled in shapes, so I'm just wondering how a filled in one would look.
    I have another tattoo on my ribs that was once all white. It is text but it's big loopy text, so a lot more fill. Basically... it looked unfinished I really like little intricate white tattoos, but I came to realize that a big all white one from afar just looks sloppy to me, like you're waiting to save up money to finish it. Tattoos rely on different lines and shading to become good artwork, generally. Hard to do that with one color. Would not recommend.
  5. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

Idk, I think I'm just too scared to go through with the white ink. Might to a peach or something like that. Hell, maybe I'll just go black. Talked to 5 different shops and no one wants to do it. There is just no way to know if my skin will reject it and if it does, it's months and months of antibiotics, and nothing can be done to fix it until after my skin finished rejection. We're looking at 2 years possibly. Wah, I really wanted it white, too. I'm just a scardy cat.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by lorem_ipsum View Post
    I have another tattoo on my ribs that was once all white. It is text but it's big loopy text, so a lot more fill. Basically... it looked unfinished I really like little intricate white tattoos, but I came to realize that a big all white one from afar just looks sloppy to me, like you're waiting to save up money to finish it. Tattoos rely on different lines and shading to become good artwork, generally. Hard to do that with one color. Would not recommend.
    Thanks for the input. The tattoo I'm considering isn't one that really needs shading or anything, but I definitely don't want it to look sloppy. My biggest thing is I don't like how black in looks (I really don't mean to offend anyone who has black ink, I just don't like if for me). That's why I was considering white ink.

Idk, I think I'm just too scared to go through with the white ink. Might to a peach or something like that. Hell, maybe I'll just go black. Talked to 5 different shops and no one wants to do it. There is just no way to know if my skin will reject it and if it does, it's months and months of antibiotics, and nothing can be done to fix it until after my skin finished rejection. We're looking at 2 years possibly. Wah, I really wanted it white, too. I'm just a scardy cat.
    Isn't there a chance of rejection with any tattoo ink? If you really have your heart set on getting in white ink, then why not keep calling around? If you're able to find someone who has experience with white ink, you can talk to him/her about your concerns and then go from there.

I Eelizah
  7. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
    Thanks for the input. The tattoo I'm considering isn't one that really needs shading or anything, but I definitely don't want it to look sloppy. My biggest thing is I don't like how black in looks (I really don't mean to offend anyone who has black ink, I just don't like if for me). That's why I was considering white ink.

Isn't there a chance of rejection with any tattoo ink? If you really have your heart set on getting in white ink, then why not keep calling around? If you're able to find someone who has experience with white ink, you can talk to him/her about your concerns and then go from there.
    White ink is different then any other kind of ink. There are a lot more chemicals in that ink and the body is hit or miss as to whether or not it will accept it.
  8. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!
    Wut? No. The difference is that it's less likely to stay put in your skin and stay good looking, not that it's more likely for you to have some kind of reaction. Anyone who told you that is totally wack. Artists usually refuse to do it because they're afraid it'll turn shitty looking. They don't want you coming down on them and they don't want poor work to their name.
  9. Senior Member
    White ink is different then any other kind of ink. There are a lot more chemicals in that ink and the body is hit or miss as to whether or not it will accept it.
    Definitely not true.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123