Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White tattoos?

1. Regular Member

White tattoos?

Advertisements
    Does anyone have/know about white tattoos? I've seen some that look awesome and I like how unobtrusive they can be (I currently don't have any, so I'm nervous about making a huge permanent statement, lol), but I've also heard some horror stories about how they can end up just looking red, mixing with the stencil ink, turning yellow in the sun, etc.

I tried to post a pic of what I'm thinking of but I can't get it to work on my phone
  2. Regular Member
    I don't personally have one, but they are pretty awesome if they're done right!
    I will say I had a friend in high school who got one, but I guess the ink from whatever the person used to trace it got mixed in with the white and ended up turning it a light purple-ish blue color, so she ended up just getting it redone in black.
    As long as you get someone who's done them before and knows what they're doing though, I think it would turn out nice.
    That being said, I know nothing of the other issues with them you mentioned before.
  3. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

One of my friends has one on her back and she didn't have any issues with it. I have heard of them turning yellow too, but something to keep in mind is that being in the sun is bad for tattoos in general ... so if it's on an exposed area you may just have to be diligent with sunblock.
  4. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!
    i have one. used to have two. hold on let me locate some pictures.
  5. i request the highest of fives!
    so this was the first one i got and the one i still have:

it's over two years old now and still looks perfect. no fading or any bs that people talk about. it actually looks brighter in daylight and when i have a tan.

and this is the second. i say used to have it because i recently got it covered in black. it still looked gorgeous and i never had any problems with it, i just honestly was not into the white ink there. it looks so subtle from any kind of a distance that it seemed weird to me. like it was unfinished or something. just didn't feel right for me.

so yeah. basically, all the shit you read about them is garbage, in my experience. they last as well as any tattoo done well. but if you're planning on doing something large-ish with it, you're not ever going to get a tattoo that looks really amazing because, well, you need colors to make a cool looking tattoo.
  6. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Oh when you talked about you like how non-obtrusive they can that reminded me of this ... I love how subtle and delicate it is! One of my favorite white tattoos I've seen:

7. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lorem_ipsum View Post
    so this was the first one i got and the one i still have:

it's over two years old now and still looks perfect. no fading or any bs that people talk about. it actually looks brighter in daylight and when i have a tan.
    That looks great! Definitely no fading or anything...and I'm guessing you don't really worry about covering it with sunblock since you mention it looking brighter with a tan...
  8. i request the highest of fives!
    Quote Originally Posted by eclipse View Post
    That looks great! Definitely no fading or anything...and I'm guessing you don't really worry about covering it with sunblock since you mention it looking brighter with a tan...
    i'm actually just really awful at wearing sunblock super terrible habit for all my tattoos and life in general! but yeah, i can actually see fading more in my black ones than the white
  9. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    Oh when you talked about you like how non-obtrusive they can that reminded me of this ... I love how subtle and delicate it is! One of my favorite white tattoos I've seen:

This is actually really similar to what I want! But...I feel like it's kind of a big step to go from nothing to something that extensive and I know DH isn't in love with the idea; he thinks I'm not a "tattoo person"...whatever that means, lol.

But I think something like this would be so fun!
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I never in a million years would have thought I'd say this, but I've been considering one too. I don't want a dark one because I don't think it would look good on me and I wouldn't want it to be colorful either. I like the idea of it being unobtrusive and somewhat easy to miss.

I Eelizah
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast