Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Tattoo Help

1. Senior Member

Tattoo Help

Advertisements
    I need to borrow your brains!

I have a very large scar that goes down the side of my back. It is in the shape of a straight line, aprox 8 inches long and 1 inch wide. I would like to cover it with something. Help meeee
  2. Senior Member
    Anyone?!
  3. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

I would suggest talking to an artist directly. Some scars don't take ink well and they could tell you what will work and what may not.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    I would suggest talking to an artist directly. Some scars don't take ink well and they could tell you what will work and what may not.
    Agreed!

Is there anything significant that you would like to place on your body? I had a friend get tattooed to cover a scar (only 4" though) and she ended up hating it. She wishes that she had waited to think of something special that she wanted to place there instead of just getting something random to cover the scar. Plus a 5" shamrock doesn't really look too great on her. Try looking on google images or something to see some great scar coverups or research artists that have done a lot of work covering scars. From what I understand the tissue doesn't ink the same way as the skin surrounding it so you don't want an inexperienced person inking you forever!