Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nose piercing?

1. Wibbly, wobbly, timey, wimey stuff.
    Wibbly, wobbly, timey, wimey stuff.
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Contrarian View Post
    I don't remember the gauge. I first had it pierced about 12 years. I took it out and had it pierced over 5 years ago. I had a stud in until last spring. I like both the hoop and stud.
    I love the idea of changing it from hoop to stud whenever I want, depending on the places I'm going.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I think I've had mine for about 4 or 5 years now (I think?). I have no idea what gauge he used. He just showed me a couple different options and I went with one. I once had to take it out a summer and put a clear holder stud for a job, but otherwise I have not taken it out. (I have been thinking of changing to a gold stud though) I have a silver screw stud and find it difficult to get out and it hurt and made my eyes water to take it out last time I did. Getting the actual piercing wasn't that bad, not too much blood. However, mine took really long to heal for some reason. Years after I got it, it would get irritated and a small bump would appear if I had a cold, in cold weather, etc. I think this past year and a half is the longest I've gone without it being irritated. Otherwise, no complaints and I still love my piercing.
  3. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooUnicorn! View Post
    A good piercer will be able to figure out what size would look best on your nose and he or she will explain everything to you.

When I got my septum done, the guy who did it, walked me through everything that was going to happen and it barely hurt.

As for finding a piercer, check here: Find a Member

I had other piercings done by none APP members and I had massive problems with them, however, I had my septum done by a member and no problems what-so-ever.
    YESSSSSSS always go to a APP member it always baffles me that people are all obsessive about their tattoo artists cleanliness and certs, and then they'll just run on over to anyone who has a sign that says they are a piercer

the gauge thing is mostly a personal preference. just keep in mind that larger gauges are less likely to rip. say you get it caught on your shirt when you're pulling it over your head—a teeny gauge will be like a wire through your skin. a larger gauge has a better chance of just pulling a little. but, if you're one of those teeny teeny nose people, i can see why you'd want it smaller!

i personally find screws the easiest thing to work with, but i know i'm odd man out on that! if you go to an APP member, they are likely to have a lot of great jewelry for you to choose from. i would highly recommend anatometal.
  4. i request the highest of fives!
    oh, and i changed mine like three weeks after getting them done (i did two at once). nbd.
  5. Senior Member
    I have no advice but I will demand pics, just so you know
  6. Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!

Quote Originally Posted by lorem_ipsum View Post
    YESSSSSSS always go to a APP member it always baffles me that people are all obsessive about their tattoo artists cleanliness and certs, and then they'll just run on over to anyone who has a sign that says they are a piercer

the gauge thing is mostly a personal preference. just keep in mind that larger gauges are less likely to rip. say you get it caught on your shirt when you're pulling it over your head—a teeny gauge will be like a wire through your skin. a larger gauge has a better chance of just pulling a little. but, if you're one of those teeny teeny nose people, i can see why you'd want it smaller!

i personally find screws the easiest thing to work with, but i know i'm odd man out on that! if you go to an APP member, they are likely to have a lot of great jewelry for you to choose from. i would highly recommend anatometal.

I didn't know about the APP when I started getting pierced, honestly. I just went the to piercer at my tattoo shop and just figured because everyone else there was awesome with everything, he would be too. Nope. Nothing but problems with those piercings. I just wish the APP guy who did my nose wasn't 4+ hours away
  7. Wibbly, wobbly, timey, wimey stuff.
    Wibbly, wobbly, timey, wimey stuff.
    There will be pics when I get it done
    I want to get my nose pierced, and I want an Industrial. I plan on doing septum some time later down the road but not for now, too many people have them and I don't think I want one that badly anyways

Also... No APP members in my area

EDIT: Well.. there are APP members four hours away from me
  8. i request the highest of fives!
    Quote Originally Posted by sailorbear View Post
    There will be pics when I get it done
    I want to get my nose pierced, and I want an Industrial. I plan on doing septum some time later down the road but not for now, too many people have them and I don't think I want one that badly anyways

Also... No APP members in my area

EDIT: Well.. there are APP members four hours away from me
    fwiw, they tend to travel and do residencies at different shops a lot! i would ask around.
  9. Senior Member
    I also find screws the best. I had the most issue with bar and l shape especially losing them.
  10. Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!

Quote Originally Posted by lorem_ipsum View Post
    fwiw, they tend to travel and do residencies at different shops a lot! i would ask around.

Contact them and see what their schedules are.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast