Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: re piercing belly button?

1. Senior Member

Question re piercing belly button?

Advertisements
    So I had my belly button done a year or so ago. It ended up falling out one day and by the time I could get a ring it went shut. I really miss it and thought about getting it re done but I heard that it is extremley painful because of the scar tissue. Has anyone ever had theirs redone?

2. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Yup. I took my piercing out at 38weeks with ODBD and between then and after ODBD was born it closed up. I re pierced it myself. With LM the same thing happened but since I left my ring in as long as possible because I had a maternity one finally it was only a tiny skin flap so I was able to just push my ring back through. It works. It hurt a tiny bit but it works. I could have gone in to re do it but just didn't feel like it. It's pretty easy to get it redone. After 2 going on 3 kids I can't even really feel my navel anymore
  3. Vandelay Industries
    Vandelay Industries
    Is it like completely closed up and healed or can you still get a ring part way through?
  4. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Quote Originally Posted by augusta View Post
    Is it like completely closed up and healed or can you still get a ring part way through?
    I was gonna ask this too. If you can still get the ring through the bottom but not just the top (which was my case the 2nd time) just pushing it through works. If it's completely completely closed on both ends just go in to get it re-done. I re-did mine myself the first time but it certainly wasn't a pleasant experience.
  5. Senior Member
    I can get it through a little ways. I took a 16 gauge ear ring and it went through, just the belly ring won't budge past a certain point
  6. Vandelay Industries
    Vandelay Industries
    I would definitely go in to a professional shop and have them look at it. That's what happened to my nose ring. I wouldn't mess around with trying to do it yourself because you'll more than likely end up making the scar worse and piercing through scar tissue is a lot tougher and hurts more.
  7. Senior Member
    I would definitely go in to a professional shop and have them look at it. That's what happened to my nose ring. I wouldn't mess around with trying to do it yourself because you'll more than likely end up making the scar worse and piercing through scar tissue is a lot tougher and hurts more.
    I was going to ask if it hurt worse the second time. The first time didn't hurt at all but I'm sure the second time will be worse.
  8. Vandelay Industries
    Vandelay Industries
    I mean, my experience with my nose ring could be completely different than a belly button, but in my experience, punching through the piercing a second time hurt a lot worse because there was scar tissue built up in the middle of it. Surface piercings are a little different though. They may chose to pierce underneath the original one to avoid the scar tissue altogether. Idk. That's why I would get a professional opinion.
  9. Senior Member
    I mean, my experience with my nose ring could be completely different than a belly button, but in my experience, punching through the piercing a second time hurt a lot worse because there was scar tissue built up in the middle of it. Surface piercings are a little different though. They may chose to pierce underneath the original one to avoid the scar tissue altogether. Idk. That's why I would get a professional opinion.
    Ok thank you!
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I had mine pierced for about 6 weeks and it never healed. It hurt the entire time, and I eventually just took it out. After it closed up, you could feel a little tube of scar tissue where the ring used to be. A couple years later I got it re-pierced at a different piercing place and it has been great ever since! It healed quickly and didn't hurt any more than the first time (from what I remember).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast