Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tattoo on my side?

1. Life is an adventure!
    Life is an adventure!

Tattoo on my side?

Advertisements
    I'm not a skinny girl. I just had a baby and my belly shows that . Do you think side tattoos look ok someone with a not so skinny mid region?

I normally don't care, but I'm super self conscious since having Piper. I just don't want it to look ridiculous.

I'm getting a bird with a bunch of swirls coming out from it, and "love of my life" in Italian under it. It will probably be about 8-10 inches long.
  2. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.
    Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.

I have a tattoo on each of my thighs and to others it may not look great because I have big legs, but to me I love them and I think thats what matters.

3. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Side tats are gorgeous I think you would be fine getting. I will say though - as someone who has a side tattoo and THEN had kids. Be done having kids before you get it if you don't want it to stretch out and look distorted. After 2 pregnancies and mid way through 3 my side tattoo while still okay has stretch marks through it and looks rather distorted. after we are done with kids I plan to get it fixed the best it can be but it would have been better had I waited until after kiddos.
  4. Senior Member
    my GF has a side tattoo and she had 2 kids and it looks great!!!!

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."
    — Dr. Seuss
  5. Life is an adventure!
    Life is an adventure!
    Thanks girls! you made me feel much better about my decision I'm having them draw it up today!! I'm so excited!
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

oooo let me know how bad it hurts there! ive wanted one there for years but im too wimpy haha

as for the size thing i dont really think it matters as long as your comfortable laying in a tattoo parlor with that part of your body exposed. other wise i dont really think it matters.
  7. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    A tattoo belongs on anybody. Any part of the body. No doubt. But with the tattoo comes focus, and you don't need to ask anybody any questions about it but yourself. Are you okay with people gravitating towards that part of your body? Will it be a positive thing for you, or will you make it into another reason to feel self conscious about yourself. That's all there is to it IMO
    I have a tattoo on my thigh. It is huge, and unfinished. I don't like to wear shorts because it is unfinished and makes me self conscious that it isn't finished, not that my thighs are much larger than I want them to be. I love my tattoo. I love the placement. I love showing it off, even though it is on one of the parts of my body I am most self conscious about. The only thing I don't like about people gravitating towards it is that it is unfinished. Once it's finished I will have no qualms about it. That is my view on it, but it is also my body. Do what is right for yours.

be cool.
  8. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    I will add, if you plan on losing a lot of weight, seeing as it is in that area, you might want to consider waiting until you have lost the weight so that the weigh loss doesn't distort the image.

be cool.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley. View Post
    A tattoo belongs on anybody. Any part of the body. No doubt. But with the tattoo comes focus, and you don't need to ask anybody any questions about it but yourself. Are you okay with people gravitating towards that part of your body? Will it be a positive thing for you, or will you make it into another reason to feel self conscious about yourself. That's all there is to it IMO
    I have a tattoo on my thigh. It is huge, and unfinished. I don't like to wear shorts because it is unfinished and makes me self conscious that it isn't finished, not that my thighs are much larger than I want them to be. I love my tattoo. I love the placement. I love showing it off, even though it is on one of the parts of my body I am most self conscious about. The only thing I don't like about people gravitating towards it is that it is unfinished. Once it's finished I will have no qualms about it. That is my view on it, but it is also my body. Do what is right for yours.
    Great advice.

And a question for Ashley, are you getting your tattoo finished in Japan?
  10. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marvies View Post
    Great advice.

And a question for Ashley, are you getting your tattoo finished in Japan?
    Yes. We won't be leaving Japan for another year, and I cannot go another summer wearing jean every day We just have to find a good clean place first. I've got my eye on one guy that a lot of American's go to, but just waiting for DH to give me the go ahead.

be cool.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast