Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GUYS.

1. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!

GUYS.

Advertisements
    On August 24th, I will be losing my limb-tattoo virginity. AKA, I will no longer be able to hide all my tattoos unless I'm wearing completely long sleeves. I'M KIND OF FREAKING OUT.

I'm actually really stoked but I'm a little nervous. I have a white tattoo on the inside of my wrist but I'm pretty sure no one has EVER seen it without me pointing it out. This new one is going on my forearm, in all black, not very daintily, and there's going to be no going back!

My parents don't know (and don't approve of) any tattoos except my white one, so this is a really, really big step for me. And it's scary. But it's time to do what I want. The weekend I turned 18, I made an appointment to get this exact tattoo. So I've been waiting 7 years. It's time.

Tell me how you felt when you hit this point? Did people react to you differently?
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    My first and only tattoo is a solid black star on my wrist. I thought I was gonna be able to cover it with concealer if I needed to. Tried it the other day. Not happening (at least not with average concelear)

Good luck!!!
  3. Moderator

I felt the same way when I started my half sleeve a few months ago. I have tattoos on feet, neck, and wrists that can be noticeable, or covered. My arm seemed like such a big step.

I love it. I love it so much. The day after it was done, I woke up and was so stoked to see something so pretty and so me on my arm.

I've gotten nothing but compliments. I mean, my Nana was less than pleased, but that's just her. Good luck! You'll have to put up pics!
  4. i request the highest of fives!
    Quote Originally Posted by CC22 View Post
    My first and only tattoo is a solid black star on my wrist. I thought I was gonna be able to cover it with concealer if I needed to. Tried it the other day. Not happening (at least not with average concelear)

Good luck!!!
    no way? When the time comes to conceal a tattoo for a job ... | random
    have you seen this? i've never tried it... and probably never will but i thought it looked interesting!
    thanks!
  5. i request the highest of fives!
    Quote Originally Posted by twistertwin View Post
    I felt the same way when I started my half sleeve a few months ago. I have tattoos on feet, neck, and wrists that can be noticeable, or covered. My arm seemed like such a big step.

I love it. I love it so much. The day after it was done, I woke up and was so stoked to see something so pretty and so me on my arm.

I've gotten nothing but compliments. I mean, my Nana was less than pleased, but that's just her. Good luck! You'll have to put up pics!
    thanks!! i'm notorious for not being able to take the plunge even when i know something is going to turn out perfect. i hope it goes for me like it did for you
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lorem_ipsum View Post
    no way? When the time comes to conceal a tattoo for a job ... | random
    have you seen this? i've never tried it... and probably never will but i thought it looked interesting!
    thanks!
    Yeah, I tried the red lipstick thing... It didn't really work. At best, it looks like a I have a really weird scab/birth mark/bruise. I guess that's better than a tattoo if I got somewhere I can't have it...?
  7. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    My shoulder can be hidden if I wear the right stuff, but most t-shirts these days don't cover the whole thing and I've given up on it. It's there and well it's permanent, if I HAVE to cover it I'll toss on a jacket.
  8. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?
    My hands cannot be covered. But those are the only ones I really regret, but I get tons of positive comments on them. My chest piece was a huge step, but I lurve it. I also plan to sleeve my left forearm at some point. Most of mine are visible to some degree. I can only cover them if wearing a turtleneck and I don't wear those.
    Pax, Aeon
  9. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

My half sleeve was a huge step for me and I was worried at first but I love it. It's my favorite of my ink and I've received nothing but positive remarks about it.
  10. Senior Member
    I have a tattoo on my wrist and it is scary! But I love it and I always remember that my body is my own.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast