Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surface piercings/dermals?

1. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!

Surface piercings/dermals?

Advertisements
    Whoooo has them?
    I want my nape done really, really bad. But DH is not thrilled about it, mostly because he's seen the scars on my sister and BFF from having failed ones that migrated out and whatnot.

I know that the majority fail due to shitty work, but I have a really superb piercer in mind for if I do get it so I'm not nervous about his capability. But, despite having like 20 different piercings, my body has never been very enthusiastic about healing well.

Experiences? Thoughts? Anything?
  2. Senior Member
    Creepin' on this thread...
  3. Vandelay Industries
    Vandelay Industries
    I have two microdermals. I think it is really hit or miss. One of mine I love and have had no issues with at all. The other, I'm getting removed soon because it is just too moody. It hasn't completely healed in over a year. It's constantly rejecting and there is still bruising around it that has never gone away. Honestly I think the piercer just put that one in wrong.

I'm on the fence. Idk if I would get them again. I am dreading removal and I haven't decided if I'm just going to be done with both of them, even though I love the healed one so much, or try again and get another dermal put in my other side so that I'm at least symmetric. Ugh. They're a lot of work. It's love/hate definitely.

I can say this though, I would definitely not get a surface bar!!!
  4. Senior Member
    I'm pretty sure Augusta got her hips pierced a while ago, she posted a thread somewhere.

ETA bah I was late lol
  5. Vandelay Industries
    Vandelay Industries
    Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    I'm pretty sure Augusta got her hips pierced a while ago, she posted a thread somewhere.

ETA bah I was late lol
    Yeah after that thread I was supposed to get my other side done, but never did because the one of my two dermals is such a piece of shit. So a year later I still only have one side done.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by augusta View Post
    Yeah after that thread I was supposed to get my other side done, but never did because the one of my two dermals is such a piece of shit. So a year later I still only have one side done.
    Oh that sucks they look so cool! I wish I was brave enough to do it.
  7. Senior Member
    I used to have two dermals in my chest right under my collar bone. They did great until my little one pulled one out. I really want to get more eventually but DH doesn't want me to. I probably will still get them eventually.

ETA: they're not easy to pull out and I got them with two other friends at the same time and neither if them had problems with theirs
  8. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!
    Quote Originally Posted by augusta View Post
    I have two microdermals. I think it is really hit or miss. One of mine I love and have had no issues with at all. The other, I'm getting removed soon because it is just too moody. It hasn't completely healed in over a year. It's constantly rejecting and there is still bruising around it that has never gone away. Honestly I think the piercer just put that one in wrong.

I'm on the fence. Idk if I would get them again. I am dreading removal and I haven't decided if I'm just going to be done with both of them, even though I love the healed one so much, or try again and get another dermal put in my other side so that I'm at least symmetric. Ugh. They're a lot of work. It's love/hate definitely.

I can say this though, I would definitely not get a surface bar!!!
    I thought of you when I posted! Wait, so yours aren't surface bars? You just have two on a side?
    I'm especially nervous because it would be out of my line of sight AND where my hair would no doubt get tangled in it all the time
    How long did it take for the good one to feel healed up?
  9. Vandelay Industries
    Vandelay Industries
    Quote Originally Posted by lorem_ipsum View Post
    I thought of you when I posted! Wait, so yours aren't surface bars? You just have two on a side?
    I'm especially nervous because it would be out of my line of sight AND where my hair would no doubt get tangled in it all the time
    How long did it take for the good one to feel healed up?
    Yeah I have two on a side, about an inch apart. It looks very similar to a bar but the rejection rate is soo much lower with dermals. I would suggest dermals just for that reason. I think with a good piercer, your experience would be a lot better than mine. I just had a sucky piercer. My good one took about 4 months to heal completely. Now I don't have to do much with it except I still soak it in the shower and have to baby it for a few days if it gets caught on something. Which freaks me about getting the nape done. You'd have to super careful. They get caught on stuff easily and then get angry with you.
  10. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    I reeeeaaaly want a dermal too but haven't done much research yet.

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast