Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oy.

1. Lex Justo BAMF Patriot Guard Rider!
    Lex Justo BAMF Patriot Guard Rider!

Puke Oy.

Advertisements
    I have learned my lesson. Expensively. To not EVER NEVER EVER put a tattoo in a visible place ever again. I'm having one laser removed from my wrist, for personal and professional reasons. Who woulda thunk a $50 tattoo would cost $1500 to remove. I fully intend to get another one at some point and would never tell anyone not to get one. But... just carefully consider your placement. PSA for the day.
    I've been known as
    "The Enforcer" and NavyHeart

Once more into the fray...
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live or die on this day...
    Live and die on this day.

2. Life is an adventure!
    Life is an adventure!
    I try to tell my friends that every time they mention getting one some place visible. The one on my chest is the only tattoo I have that I actually regret, the placement of it anyway. I'd be interested in knowing how the removal process goes, I'd like to have mine removed one day.
  3. Lex Justo BAMF Patriot Guard Rider!
    Quote Originally Posted by Punky77 View Post
    I try to tell my friends that every time they mention getting one some place visible. The one on my chest is the only tattoo I have that I actually regret, the placement of it anyway. I'd be interested in knowing how the removal process goes, I'd like to have mine removed one day.
    Well, do your research first. I'd always pay a little more to have it done right, with no scarring or discoloration rather than scimp and have it messed up. Today was my first session. They injected some novocaine under the tattoo, then put some medication on it to help the laser be more effective. Waited a few minutes for it to take effect. Sat in the chair, and he did three rounds of "zapping" as he called it It was like 30 seconds of zapping (or less, didn't seem like that long) then 2 minutes of rest icing it (to prevent heat scarring). Then repeat. That was it. Threw on some vaseline, gauze, wrapped it up and I was out. Its kind of at a dull throb at this point cuz I've been at work and not able to ice it as much. But I go back in ten weeks for my next session. They were saying 5 sessions like this 10 weeks apart and it'll be like it never was there. Two weeks before I really see it fading.
    I've been known as

4. Life is an adventure!
    Life is an adventure!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianne View Post
    Well, do your research first. I'd always pay a little more to have it done right, with no scarring or discoloration rather than scimp and have it messed up. Today was my first session. They injected some novocaine under the tattoo, then put some medication on it to help the laser be more effective. Waited a few minutes for it to take effect. Sat in the chair, and he did three rounds of "zapping" as he called it It was like 30 seconds of zapping (or less, didn't seem like that long) then 2 minutes of rest icing it (to prevent heat scarring). Then repeat. That was it. Threw on some vaseline, gauze, wrapped it up and I was out. Its kind of at a dull throb at this point cuz I've been at work and not able to ice it as much. But I go back in ten weeks for my next session. They were saying 5 sessions like this 10 weeks apart and it'll be like it never was there. Two weeks before I really see it fading.
    It's not anything I'll be able to afford any time soon, but when I can I'll definitely be researching I had no idea it takes that long! I really don't know anything about it, just that I would like to have it done one day.
  5. Miss Suit&Tie
    Miss Suit&Tie

I have a tattoo on my wrist but it's high enough up to be covered up. What did you have on your wrist? And I hope that the laser treatment heals up well in the end
  6. Lex Justo BAMF Patriot Guard Rider!
    It's not anything I'll be able to afford any time soon, but when I can I'll definitely be researching I had no idea it takes that long! I really don't know anything about it, just that I would like to have it done one day.
    Yeah, I'm paying in installments. $X every month. I didn't think it would take that long either. I was hoping it wouldn't but... what it does is breaks down the ink in your skin without ever breaking the skin and then your body just naturally disposes of it. Kinda like what your body does to it naturally anyway, just speeds it up A LOT.
    I've been known as

7. Lex Justo BAMF Patriot Guard Rider!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemonniibee View Post
    I have a tattoo on my wrist but it's high enough up to be covered up. What did you have on your wrist? And I hope that the laser treatment heals up well in the end
    Its where I could cover it with a watch but it was a post divorce spur of the moment thing.

Session 1- June 21
    I've been known as

8. Life is an adventure!
    Life is an adventure!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianne View Post
    Yeah, I'm paying in installments. $X every month. I didn't think it would take that long either. I was hoping it wouldn't but... what it does is breaks down the ink in your skin without ever breaking the skin and then your body just naturally disposes of it. Kinda like what your body does to it naturally anyway, just speeds it up A LOT.
    That's really interesting. I wasn't ever sure how it worked. Maybe this will be my Christmas present to myself this year do you think you'll post a picture in two weeks of the difference? I'm curious as to how much it changes.
  9. Miss Suit&Tie
    Miss Suit&Tie

ohhh then yah i get then why you would want it gone then.

Geez I hope that's not as painful as that looks!
  10. Lex Justo BAMF Patriot Guard Rider!
    That's really interesting. I wasn't ever sure how it worked. Maybe this will be my Christmas present to myself this year do you think you'll post a picture in two weeks of the difference? I'm curious as to how much it changes.
    Yeah, I posted a before, a today and I can post another in a couple weeks once I see a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemonniibee View Post
    ohhh then yah i get then why you would want it gone then.

Geez I hope that's not as painful as that looks!
    Its not terrible but the novocaine is wearing off and I'm starting to feel it. Just feels like when you've been typing or writting for a REALLY long time, how stiff and sore your wrist gets then. The dark bruise on top is where he hit that wasn't injected with the novocaine. That one got a grimace out of me when it happened but otherwise I didn't feel anything.
    I've been known as

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast