Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: EGA?

  1. Regular Member
    Niiicole's Avatar
    Niiicole is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma (:
    Posts
    110
    #1

    EGA?

    Advertisements
    So this is probably the most debatable question ever,

    Women who get an EGA tattoo because their husband is in the Marines. There is a huge deal of you need to earn the title and the EGA, and i totally agree. Its earned, not given. But what about wives who get a tattoo of an EGA with something like their wedding date or a bible verse or whatever? Yay or Nay?

    Some find it disrespectful, others find it honorable. Whats your guys idea? I was going to do a tattoo with an EGA in it, but was told its disrespectful and should be done, Trey liked the idea but his buddies told him its disrespectful.. Im the type of person who doesnt really care what others think, so it irked me that i can't, and only reason i am is out of respect for Trey. And i see it as you know, im not infantry, my life isnt on the life, im not artillery, i dont "serve".. but by God, im home, holding down the fort while he's off training or wherever needing to do whatever, im holding things down, supporting him and pushing him to keep going, not letting him even have a CLUE that im miserable some days when everything just hits me all at once, hes never seen me cry cause i want him to not ever worry about me, not be upset or question if hes doing the right thing. what wives, girlfriends, fiances do, is insanely hard.We don't just go out and party or blow their paychecks, we're the freaking glue that holds things together damn it haha. The Marines is a huge part of my life, it impacts my life greatly, every single day...
    (rant over) haha.

    So whats everyone's opinion? I've been curious as to what others think (:
  2. Senior Member
    bdizzle's Avatar
    bdizzle is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    19,693
    #2
    I honestly do not care what other people tattoo on their bodies.


  3. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Tojai's Avatar
    Tojai is offline
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    St. Pete FL
    Posts
    30,026


    #3
    Well I wouldn't care, but seeing as how fussy people get about these things I do think that if the EGA tattoo were visible you probably would receive a lot of flak for it. I know that even people who haven't finished basic getting a tattoo of their branch is really frowned upon, so I imagine for SOs it is considered a no go to at least the same extent.

    I would not get a military tattoo personally because I don't feel that connection. I never felt that the Army was a huge part of my life, never identified as an Army wife, never really felt that my life was harder because of it, etc. so it just wouldn't be right for me. DH probably wouldn't like it either but I have never asked him about it, I just know he dislikes tattoos in general. But I feel like it would kind of be like if DH got a tattoo of the bank I worked at. It would just really confuse me lol.
  4. Senior Member
    Candice.'s Avatar
    Candice. is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Both back at home, Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    5,645
    #4
    I don't see it as disrespectful but I wouldn't do it. I LOVED the marines and then they fucked my husband over BIG time and I would hate to have that tattoo after what happened. Plus when he gets out or if he only does like 4/8 years will the meaning still be there when you're old?
  5. Senior Member
    Guynavywife's Avatar
    Guynavywife is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    19,321
    Blog Entries
    2
    #5
    Whats an EGA? is that the globe with ropes and anchor and eagle? (I know there is a specific wording for the description, cant think of it now)?

    As said above, I don't care what others put on their bodies, and I think most tats are trashy. IMO there are no "Tastefully done" tats, just some less trashy than others. I actually think some women are sexxy with them, but I don't have a tat, and that is the only thing that means anything to me in that regard. I don't think a person is trashy for GETTING a tat though, even one they haven't earned.

    But as to specifically about the question above, in light of what I just said, if a spouse wanted to get a tat of one of the service logo's because it means something to him or her, that is for them to decide and deal with.

    Except this Tat. This I would get, and not think it was trashy.

    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  6. AKA: Jerseyatheart86
    Katiebeth86's Avatar
    Katiebeth86 is offline
    AKA: Jerseyatheart86
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The one & only Jersey
    Posts
    4,827

    #6
    I don't care what other people tattoo on their bodies. I do understand why people would get upset about it. I personally wouldn't do it.


  7. Regular Member
    Niiicole's Avatar
    Niiicole is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma (:
    Posts
    110
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    Well I wouldn't care, but seeing as how fussy people get about these things I do think that if the EGA tattoo were visible you probably would receive a lot of flak for it. I know that even people who haven't finished basic getting a tattoo of their branch is really frowned upon, so I imagine for SOs it is considered a no go to at least the same extent.

    I would not get a military tattoo personally because I don't feel that connection. I never felt that the Army was a huge part of my life, never identified as an Army wife, never really felt that my life was harder because of it, etc. so it just wouldn't be right for me. DH probably wouldn't like it either but I have never asked him about it, I just know he dislikes tattoos in general. But I feel like it would kind of be like if DH got a tattoo of the bank I worked at. It would just really confuse me lol.
    True, it was suppose to be on my rib cage, i want the ability to control who see's my tattoos and who doesn't. But working at a bank and then being the military are two very different jobs. for example, i work at Capital One Auto Finance as a Customer Care Rep, Lord KNOWS i would DARE put Capital One on my body, oh God id rather just cut that limb or body aprt out if i did haha. But i'm currently going to school to become a paramedic and then i volunteer at the fire dept here. & Soon as i've got my Paramedic degree, i plan to get the star of life, or that blue symbol on the ambulance as most people see it on my shoulder blade with the quote, "the will to live will always out weigh the ability to die".

    Quote Originally Posted by Candice. View Post
    I don't see it as disrespectful but I wouldn't do it. I LOVED the marines and then they fucked my husband over BIG time and I would hate to have that tattoo after what happened. Plus when he gets out or if he only does like 4/8 years will the meaning still be there when you're old?
    Meaning will always be there, that was apart of our journey together, we dated a month before he left for basic and made it through together, 7 months of training, stronger then most people are in 7 years. Its huge to him and me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    Whats an EGA? is that the globe with ropes and anchor and eagle? (I know there is a specific wording for the description, cant think of it now)?

    As said above, I don't care what others put on their bodies, and I think most tats are trashy. IMO there are no "Tastefully done" tats, just some less trashy than others. I actually think some women are sexxy with them, but I don't have a tat, and that is the only thing that means anything to me in that regard. I don't think a person is trashy for GETTING a tat though, even one they haven't earned.

    But as to specifically about the question above, in light of what I just said, if a spouse wanted to get a tat of one of the service logo's because it means something to him or her, that is for them to decide and deal with.

    Except this Tat. This I would get, and not think it was trashy.

    EGA - Eagle, Glob, Anchor. The official Marine Corps logo. & i asked the opinion of the logo, not tattoos in general. But, to each his own in response.






    All in all, we've decided to just do the bible verse "What God joins together, let no man separate." with the wedding date.
    Shouldnt offend anyone, (unless you're maybe an atheist? haha) But then again, everyone gets offended these days. So oh well, (:

    Thanks for the input tho everyone, just wanted to see others opinions, cant really ask the people around me, they wouldn't understand. :p
  8. Account Closed
    Lynn's Avatar
    Lynn is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    It could be worse.
    Posts
    29,398
    #8
    Well, I wouldn't ever get an Air Force related tattoo on my body because I'm not in the Air Force, my husband is. So I don't relate to the idea of a marine spouse wanting an EGA or any other type of marine-related tattoo.

    But I also don't bother myself with what others want as far as a tattoo is concerned. If it has meaning for you, that's what should be important.
  9. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Tojai's Avatar
    Tojai is offline
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    St. Pete FL
    Posts
    30,026


    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Niiicole View Post
    True, it was suppose to be on my rib cage, i want the ability to control who see's my tattoos and who doesn't. But working at a bank and then being the military are two very different jobs. for example, i work at Capital One Auto Finance as a Customer Care Rep, Lord KNOWS i would DARE put Capital One on my body, oh God id rather just cut that limb or body aprt out if i did haha. But i'm currently going to school to become a paramedic and then i volunteer at the fire dept here. & Soon as i've got my Paramedic degree, i plan to get the star of life, or that blue symbol on the ambulance as most people see it on my shoulder blade with the quote, "the will to live will always out weigh the ability to die".
    I think the bolded is key - for some people the military does mean more than "just a job," even people who are not in the military themselves ... for some people it doesn't though that's why I said for me I don't feel the connection. It's just a difference of personal feelings, I didn't mean to make it sounds like one is better than the other. If the meaning is there for YOU that is what matters, regardless of what it means (or doesn't mean) to anyone else.
  10. Senior Member
    CDNTrish's Avatar
    CDNTrish is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,437
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Niiicole View Post
    True, it was suppose to be on my rib cage, i want the ability to control who see's my tattoos and who doesn't. But working at a bank and then being the military are two very different jobs. for example, i work at Capital One Auto Finance as a Customer Care Rep, Lord KNOWS i would DARE put Capital One on my body, oh God id rather just cut that limb or body aprt out if i did haha. But i'm currently going to school to become a paramedic and then i volunteer at the fire dept here. & Soon as i've got my Paramedic degree, i plan to get the star of life, or that blue symbol on the ambulance as most people see it on my shoulder blade with the quote, "the will to live will always out weigh the ability to die".

    Meaning will always be there, that was apart of our journey together, we dated a month before he left for basic and made it through together, 7 months of training, stronger then most people are in 7 years. Its huge to him and me.

    EGA - Eagle, Glob, Anchor. The official Marine Corps logo. & i asked the opinion of the logo, not tattoos in general. But, to each his own in response.



    All in all, we've decided to just do the bible verse "What God joins together, let no man separate." with the wedding date.
    Shouldnt offend anyone, (unless you're maybe an atheist? haha) But then again, everyone gets offended these days. So oh well, (:

    Thanks for the input tho everyone, just wanted to see others opinions, cant really ask the people around me, they wouldn't understand. :p
    Have you guys only been together 7 months?

    I would NEVER, EVER get a tattoo based on the career my spouse had chosen. Be it military, or anything else.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •