Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Tattoo Disappointment

1. Regular Member

New Tattoo Disappointment

Advertisements
    So I finally got a little heart tattoo on my hip that i've been wanting for literally 5 years! I was so happy until I got home... and I wanted to double check with my bikini on that you can't see it, but you TOTALLY CAN. It's not hidden at all!!! Now I just want to cry because I didn't take an extra 5 seconds to stand up and be ABSOLUTELY certain it was the right spot. I was laying down when the guy asked me where it was and I really thought I had it in the right spot I wanted. It's something I got it for myself, not something to show everyone else (like my family) and now I can't even wear a bikini to the beach without it being noticed.

I'm trying to not hate it, because I've wanted it for a long time, but if it was only an inch to the right it would be perfect.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Is it really that horrible if it can be seen?
    I understand it isn't what you've dreamed of, but can you be happy with it?
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.
    Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.

I totally understand wanting to keep tattoos hidden. I can understand your disappointment. Maybe this will give you a chance to go shopping for the perfect bikini to hide it? Im hoping you can still learn to love it!

4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    My first and only tattoo is of a pink bow that is located on the right side of my hip. I was laying down when he placed the stencil of it on to show the placement and when he was finished I got up to look in the mirror and the placement wasn't exactly how I wanted it.

I've had it for a few years, love the tattoo but the placement is a little awkward, I've been thinking about getting a tattoo around it so it doesn't look as bad. So I know how you feel Can I see a pic of it?

Here is mine.

Also high waisted bikini bottoms are in, so maybe look them up?
  5. Regular Member
    I think there is nothing wrong with having tattoos. This was a tattoo I had planned for just myself though, I didn't want people to know I have it. Even if I don't wear a bikini (which really isn't a big deal) I just know that at some point I am going to be around my sisters changing clothes, and it will just become this whole thing.

I do love the design though! It has a lot of meaning to me but I am kicking myself I didn't stand up instead of laying down to get the stencil placed. Such a simple little thing...

ETA:
  6. Senior Member
    Aww man that sucks. I kick myself too. I got pheonix on my rib cage and He showed the stencil on my while I was lying down with a hand mirror. I had explained in detail the placement I wanted and I thought he had it right. When I stood up I was very upset to realize it was WAY off. My pheonix is flying to the side not rising up from the ashes. Its a disappointment forever since the placement ruined the meaning of the tattoo.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    On a more positive note : High Waisted Bikini Bottoms are TRENDY right now

8. Banned
    Banned
    I know it's not where you wanted it, but I think it looks super cute I hope you will get used to it, and will end up loving it. And...look at it this way...there are 365 days in a year, how many of those are you really going to be in a bikini?

That's the only reason that is keeping me from getting the tattoo I want btw, I am afraid that once it's done I won't completely love it and there won't be anything I can do about it!
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahs View Post
    I think there is nothing wrong with having tattoos. This was a tattoo I had planned for just myself though, I didn't want people to know I have it. Even if I don't wear a bikini (which really isn't a big deal) I just know that at some point I am going to be around my sisters changing clothes, and it will just become this whole thing.

I do love the design though! It has a lot of meaning to me but I am kicking myself I didn't stand up instead of laying down to get the stencil placed. Such a simple little thing...

ETA:
    Well we learned the hard way, I know next time I'm going to stand up and check the placement of the next tattoo I get.
    Like I said, do you like high waisted bikini bottoms? It would definitely hide the tattoo.
  10. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    I'm sorry it didn't turn out exactly how you had pictured it I'm not sure if it makes it any better, but it's really really cute, especially sitting above your bikini line.

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast