Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: What do you think of this?

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

What do you think of this?

Advertisements
    So I'm completely clueless when it comes to tattoo's, other than I think some look amazing and I'd love to have the guts to get one some day. I had an idea randomly tonight for one, combining things that mean a lot to me. I'm not considering getting this done for a good few years, if ever, but I just wanted some input from you ladies and gents who know about ink!

My idea is for a tattoo that would probably go either on my left inner forearm or on my ribs just under my left breast. It would incorporate Ivy like this:

http://sweetclipart.com/multisite/sw.../files/ivy.png

With African Violets growing out of the top end leaves, like with the leaves fanning out around them.

It'd also have the words "while the Ivy grows over the door" weaving between the vines of the ivy along the length of it. Those words are from a Pink Floyd song, Lost for words, that has a lot of meaning for me.

Ivy symbolises strength, faithfulness and fidelity, while violets (apart from being very meaningful to me for personal reasons, hence my SN) mean humility and constancy in love, modesty and charm against evil.

I know it must be difficult to visualise, but does that sound like something that could work? How about the pain factor in my chosen area's? As I say, this is just a thought at the moment, but the more I think the more excited I get by the idea.

"You are platinum in a world gone grey."
  2. Regular Member
    It sounds like you have put alot of thought into this tattoo which is GREAT! It is going to be apart of your body forever and especially since your hesistant to get a tattoo in the first place.
    The areas you have chosen are what i would consider to be more painful areas but no matter where you get a tattoo, its going to hurt. It's just a different more tolerable kind of pain IMO.
    Just got to think of it this way, once the tattoo artist starts, you dont want it to get messed up so better sit still! Dont want a messed up tattoo or have it half done. But i think your tattoo
    sounds pretty, If you do decide to get it, post a picture!