Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Do you think it's possible...(tattoo advice)

1. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

Do you think it's possible...(tattoo advice)

Advertisements
    to get a white tattoo done in a specific hand writing?

I've been reading up on them and seeing words aren't reccommended at all with white ink, let alone a nonstandard font, but I'm just wondering if it's even possible. I know a lot of people who have words in white ink, and I'm wondering if they are free handed or what? My tattoos are all just black so I'm just wondering. I'm super pale, so I have that much going for me....Just wondering if anyone knew off hand!
  2. Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!

Anything is possible.

Your best bet would be to ask your artist, but pretty much anything is possible.
  3. Pour a little salt, we were never here

Quote Originally Posted by TattooBot! View Post
    Anything is possible.

Your best bet would be to ask your artist, but pretty much anything is possible.
    Ah, thank you! That gives me hope! I need to start looking for an artist, I got all mine in a different state like six years ago
  4. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!
    Yeah that's BS. People spread the most annoying rumors about white ink.
    Anything you can do in black, you can do in white, font wise. The same guidelines apply... not too small, not too scrunched up. Other than that, you're good

I don't see how anyone could differentiate between hand written and printed once it's just a stencil on your skin anyway...
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    If you want to do someone specifics hand writing you can bring it into the tattoo artist and they can make it the size that you want (like PP said not too small or it becomes illegible) and they can trace it onto the stencil and then they can place the stencil on you and follow that. I had a friend do that with her and her DH. They wrote I love you and got it tattooed on each other. As for white ink, people say a lot about it, it depends on your skin and how you take ink. My skin wouldn't take the white very well in another tattoo that I had so I put yellow in it, but some people cant take yellow and it just turns out the color of their skin. Good luck !!!
  6. Pour a little salt, we were never here

Quote Originally Posted by lorem_ipsum View Post
    Yeah that's BS. People spread the most annoying rumors about white ink.
    Anything you can do in black, you can do in white, font wise. The same guidelines apply... not too small, not too scrunched up. Other than that, you're good

I don't see how anyone could differentiate between hand written and printed once it's just a stencil on your skin anyway...
    Quote Originally Posted by Samantha514 View Post
    If you want to do someone specifics hand writing you can bring it into the tattoo artist and they can make it the size that you want (like PP said not too small or it becomes illegible) and they can trace it onto the stencil and then they can place the stencil on you and follow that. I had a friend do that with her and her DH. They wrote I love you and got it tattooed on each other. As for white ink, people say a lot about it, it depends on your skin and how you take ink. My skin wouldn't take the white very well in another tattoo that I had so I put yellow in it, but some people cant take yellow and it just turns out the color of their skin. Good luck !!!
    Thanks ladies! I wasn't even sure they used a stencil with white ink because on one website I read they didn't, they free handed it, so that is when I started thinking I would need someone willing/really good to free hand a strangers had writing Thanks for the info, I'm excited now
  7. Senior Member
    My friend got her mom signature tattooed in black ink on her IDK why you cant in white ink

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."
    Dr. Seuss
  8. Transfusion Service Tech
    Transfusion Service Tech
    I don't know anything about tattoos but think the white ones are kind of interesting so I did a quick google search and there were a lot of white ink word tattoos.. They looked fine.
  9. Senior Member
    I want my next tattoo in white ink, keep us posted if you get one!!