Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Keloids. Boo.

  1. i request the highest of fives!
    lorem_ipsum's Avatar
    lorem_ipsum is offline
    i request the highest of fives!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    29palms
    Posts
    10,037
    #1

    Keloids. Boo.

    Advertisements
    My bottom nose hole is keloiding bad. I am the worst about keloids... I rip them off
    Buttt I really don't want one on my nose forever, and I really don't want to take this piercing out.
    I've been cleaning it with saline religiously and H2Ocean ing it. Not working.
    The interwebz says I should either steam it, crush aspirin on it, or tea tree oil it.
    Thoughts?
    (Sorry for the super attractively close pictures of my face... I wasn't being emo, just trying to see what I was doing )


  2. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    sweetvanity's Avatar
    sweetvanity is offline
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    9,370
    #2
    Well hello there! can you call the piercer or a piercer and see what they recommend? I seem to recall something about putting a larger gauge through (think nose screw instead of stud) or a ring to keep away keloids for like the first 6 months.

    www.SnarkyFit.com
  3. Senior Member
    cassadilla's Avatar
    cassadilla is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,907
    #3
    ive heard the aspirin thing too. a friend of mine said it worked for her. mine just went away with time
  4. i request the highest of fives!
    lorem_ipsum's Avatar
    lorem_ipsum is offline
    i request the highest of fives!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    29palms
    Posts
    10,037
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetvanity View Post
    Well hello there! can you call the piercer or a piercer and see what they recommend? I seem to recall something about putting a larger gauge through (think nose screw instead of stud) or a ring to keep away keloids for like the first 6 months.
    it's already a screw and they've been done for just under a year
    i do wonder if it's the screw though. it's bent kind of funny, it irritates me. maybe i'll have someone rebend it.
  5. Senior Member
    CDNTrish's Avatar
    CDNTrish is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,437
    #5
    you're hawt

    I didn't know what a keloid was until now
  6. Senior Member
    jesskuhmarie's Avatar
    jesskuhmarie is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    NC/Ft. Riley soon!
    Posts
    1,161
    #6
    Hmm I had something similar on my nose .. is it really sore? I think I googled and found the tea tree oil thing as well and ended up using the Burts Bees Wax blemish stick on mine. It would make it go away after a week or so. Mine came back on and off for the first year or so I had it and I would always use that but I haven't had any problems in the last six months or so.
  7. Senior Member
    Heisenberg's Avatar
    Heisenberg is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    16,413
    #7
    Tea tree oil works! My stud did that a lot the first time I had my nose pierced, tea tree oil got rid of it overnight every time.
  8. i request the highest of fives!
    lorem_ipsum's Avatar
    lorem_ipsum is offline
    i request the highest of fives!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    29palms
    Posts
    10,037
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by CDNTrish View Post
    you're hawt

    I didn't know what a keloid was until now
    :kiss

    Quote Originally Posted by jesskuhmarie View Post
    Hmm I had something similar on my nose .. is it really sore? I think I googled and found the tea tree oil thing as well and ended up using the Burts Bees Wax blemish stick on mine. It would make it go away after a week or so. Mine came back on and off for the first year or so I had it and I would always use that but I haven't had any problems in the last six months or so.
    nah, it doesn't hurt. i just don't want it to leave a scar!

    Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    Tea tree oil works! My stud did that a lot the first time I had my nose pierced, tea tree oil got rid of it overnight every time.
    sweettttt i'm ordering some right meow. did it go away for good?
  9. Senior Member
    Heisenberg's Avatar
    Heisenberg is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    16,413
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by lorem_ipsum View Post
    :kiss



    nah, it doesn't hurt. i just don't want it to leave a scar!



    sweettttt i'm ordering some right meow. did it go away for good?
    For the most part, every time I bumped it or irritated it it came back but I'd just put more oil on it overnight and it'd be fine.

    It's also worth noting mine never healed all the way because I took it out. So yours might go away for good.
  10. Senior Member
    OfficerPickle's Avatar
    OfficerPickle is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    362
    #10
    I have keloids on my shoulders, they appeared randomly and I hate them. I have them where my cartilage is pierced too, which makes me mad because I wanted more, but probably shouldn't because of this. >:[

    If you are prone to keloids, just be careful how you get rid of them because they can come back worse.

    Apple cider vinegar is the only thing that I have seen progress with. I put some on a cotton ball and band-aid it to my keloid. These are bumps on my shoulder, however, soooo I am not sure if that would work very well on your nose.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •