Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Can't get a barbell unscrewed.

1. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket

Help Can't get a barbell unscrewed.

Advertisements
    I have a 16 gauge curved eyebrow barbell that I can't get the balls unscrewed. I need to change it because the paint (red over silver metal) is coming off and it's irritating my piercing. I've had DH try to unscrew it, I've tried using plastic wrap to hold the balls (less slippery that way) and we've even tried using tiny needle-nose pliers. It won't unscrew. Anything else I can try?
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  2. Senior Member
    A professional piercer should have the tools to help you out!
  3. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by photographerkate View Post
    A professional piercer should have the tools to help you out!
    I feel so awkward asking for helping changing my obviously-not-professionally done nipple barbell.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    I feel so awkward asking for helping changing my obviously-not-professionally done nipple barbell.
    Ohhh. I thought it was on your eyebrow I'm sure you could find a female piercer if that would help!
  5. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Ohhh. I thought it was on your eyebrow I'm sure you could find a female piercer if that would help!
    I wish, it'd be easier to deal with. Spontaneous piercing decisions at 17 years old sure do turn out interesting. I'll have to check out places in my neighborhood. I really don't want to go in but at this point I don't know that there is anything else I can try!
  6. Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!

I couldn't get one of my nipple bars undone for a longest time either. I used latex gloves to help get a grip on it along with holding one end with pliers. I looked REALLY funny in the mirror and it took some time but I was able to get it undone after a few tries.

Also, and this might sound REALLY silly, but make sure you are twisting the right way. I wasn't for a few tries and when I figured it out, I felt dumb...
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by TattooBot! View Post
    I couldn't get one of my nipple bars undone for a longest time either. I used latex gloves to help get a grip on it along with holding one end with pliers. I looked REALLY funny in the mirror and it took some time but I was able to get it undone after a few tries.

Also, and this might sound REALLY silly, but make sure you are twisting the right way. I wasn't for a few tries and when I figured it out, I felt dumb...
    haha ive def done that with my belly button piercing haha...also make sure your twisting the right ball i had one where the bottom ball came off instead of the top...
  8. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I would go in to a tattoo/piercing shop. I just had to do that with my nose piercing. Much easier.

life's a party, rock your body
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I'd go in too. I'm sure they've seen piercings way worse than why ever yours is bad. Besides that, if you got it when you were 17... I'm assuming it's several years old and healed up by now. So it would be an obvious it was a young and dumb mistake.

I think the bigger mistake than being young and dumb would be not learning from it. If something is irritating your piercing, you need to fix it/get it looked at before it gets any worse.
  10. Senior Member
    LOL, I can get that kind of piercing changed myself it's a more personal one I need help with and my piercer is a guy but he is very professional. It is the only male allowed to see my lady bits other than a doc. lol I wanna change the barbell but I can get it undone, I plan to go get help with it right before DH comes home.