Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Paranoid..?

1. Regular Member

Paranoid..?

Advertisements
    So I got my first tattoo two Friday's ago (about a week and two days ago), 5 birds flying on my side. But just a few days after I got it, I noticed there was this really light black, small little blemish type of thing that appeared about an inch away from the lowest bird. I immediately looked it up and found a bunch of stuff about tattoo blow outs, and halfway convinced myself that this is what I had But after more research and looking at pictures of tattoo's with blow outs, I came to the conclusion that I was probably just being paranoid and overanalyzing like usual. But it's been about a week since the little black thing appeared and it's still there (although definitely smaller)! Some people have said that it could just be bruising, but can that just appear next to the tattoo, with no (apparent) bruising connected to the tattoo itself? And I know it's not an ink stain, because it wasn't there the first couple days. Could it be a blow out?? If I look really closely, I can kind of see a little bit of ink outside the edges of the tattoos, but isn't that normal? Help!
  2. langsam langsam.
    langsam langsam.
    I think it's too early to tell; tattoos need time to heal and they all heal differently. Keep applying aquaphor and keep a close eye on it for the next week. If it's still sketchy to you go back to the tattoo parlor and talking to the artist about it. They've seen it all.

3. Banned
    Banned
    Try posting a pic maybe, that will give the tattoo experts something to look at. I don't have any tattoos yet, so I don't know what it could be. There are some ladies on here though that have several of them, and a picture may help. Just a suggestion!
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reagan View Post
    Try posting a pic maybe, that will give the tattoo experts something to look at. I don't have any tattoos yet, so I don't know what it could be. There are some ladies on here though that have several of them, and a picture may help. Just a suggestion!
    this. Post a picture, if you can.
    if i never see you again i will always carry you
    inside outside

on my fingertips and at brain edges

and in centers
    centers of what i am of what remains
    --- charles bukowski.

time to eas, baby!
  5. Regular Member
    Okay, pictures will be coming in a couple hours!
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    It doesn't sound like a blow out since it usually looks like the ink is bleeding away from the tattoo lines. Generally it isn't like tattoo, skin, then ink blow out. But I'll come back and look at the pick
  7. Regular Member
    [IMG][/IMG]

So it's not as visible in the picture, but if you look at the bottom bird, to the right of the top wing there's a little blemish thing. It almost looks like a cross in the picture, and doesn't really look black at all in the picture. It was kind of hard to take this picture at that angle while holding my shirt up with one hand. But does that give you guys an idea? Looking at it now, it definitely doesn't seem as prominent as it was, but it's still there!
  8. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!
    I *think* I see what you're talking about, and I'm guessing bruising. If it was an ink blowout it would be like... bleeding lines type thing. Like it was dripping or watercolored. I wouldn't be too worried.
    As far as feeling like the bruising would be too far away from the tattoo, in my experience, the bruising actually halos the ink because your skin puffs up around it, kwim? My bruising has always come around the puff.
    Pretty tattoo btw
  9. Regular Member
    Thank you! I hope it's just bruising, but the little mark is still there.. Maybe I'll go talk to the tattoo artist about it. And thanks
  10. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    I can't see anything in the pic, but when my husband got an all black coloring, he had itty bitty scabs that looked like blemishes. They eventually went away.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't