Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Location

1. Senior Member

Advertisements
    How did you decide where you wanted a tattoo?

I have a handful I want but I'm struggling so much with where I want to get them on my body.
    Double Ring Proposal 10/5/2011 made Augusta my MSOS wifey
    skp is my rockin' Cali pal
    No more ticker!!! Deployment #2 is over
  2. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    My first one is personal to me so I put it on my hip so it's hidden with clothes on but I can still see it every day as a reminder. My second is on my ankle because I wasn't ready for it to be on my wrist like I wanted so it's still out there in the open but not bam, in your face. My next one is going to take up probably the majority of my forearm because I want a visible tattoo that I can see all the time.

ETA:
    Also with tattoos, I think it's important when it comes to placement to think of your job or future job. Some don't care while others do or it could totally depend on what the tattoo is if it's visible.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  3. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    I have 7 tattoos and all of them can be hidden with clothing/hair. Because I don't know how a future employer may feel I wanted to make sure I could hide them all. I have 3 on my back, 1 on my side, 1 on my hip, 1 on my ankle and 1 behind my ear. I based the location off of the tattoo itself, I picked somewhere that I thought it would look best.
    i carry your heart, i carry it in my heart
  4. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.
    Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.

My first one is on my wrist, and its almost like its not there. Im the only one who really notices it and its small enough to be covered for work if I needed to. Two are on my thighs. I can see them daily, but no one else but DH does. I also have one on my foot, but I dont really pay attention to that.

5. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    I wanted mine in places I could see, so that was pretty no where on the backside of my body.

Right now I have one on an ankle, and another on my foot. I wanted them to be placed so they looked classy and not trashy, that I could still look professional when needed.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  6. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    My first one is personal to me so I put it on my hip so it's hidden with clothes on but I can still see it every day as a reminder. My second is on my ankle because I wasn't ready for it to be on my wrist like I wanted so it's still out there in the open but not bam, in your face. My next one is going to take up probably the majority of my forearm because I want a visible tattoo that I can see all the time.

ETA:
    Also with tattoos, I think it's important when it comes to placement to think of your job or future job. Some don't care while others do or it could totally depend on what the tattoo is if it's visible.
    Bolded - Same for me

I also have one on my ring finger that is completely hidden by my wedding rings, together and just the band. A lot of people wouldn't agree with my choice to get it there but it's for personal reasons: it is a matching tattoo with DH, reminds me of an inside thing with my mom and is one of my favorite symbols, an infinity sign.

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I just chose places I thought looked nice and that could be easily hidden. My first one I got on the upper right side of my chest between my collarbone and my shoulder. My second one is on the inside of my left ankle. The one on my chest is a little more obvious but for work and stuff is still pretty easy to hide.
  8. Senior Member
    i have one on my hip, lower back, left ribs, and my newest on my foot, with another to come in the next few years on my wrist. the first three i got in places i thought they would look best. my first one was small and my first tattoo ever so i put it on my hip, the one i designed for my friend who passed away i made so intricate and big that it would look silly anywhere but my lower back, so thats why its there (not bc i wanted to be cool and get a "tramp stamp" like some people think. i just dont like going into a huge story of why i got it bc it makes me cry) and the writing i wanted, in the font i wanted, just looked best on my ribs. the one i put on my foot was a last minute decision bc i wanted to be able to see it whenever i wanted, and chose my foot. and its the same reason im getting my next one on my wrist.

both my foot and the one on my wrist will be easily covered for work, i either wear closed top shoes, or a bandage on my foot at work, and i can either wear a bandage or long sleeves on my wrist. and if worst comes to worst, i know how to cover them with lipstick and makeup. i def try to think of my future jobs/plans when i think about my tattoos bc i dont want them to hinder me in my career and i know there are still some people out there that look down on people with tattoos. but ultimately, they go where i want them.
    we kicked deployment #2's butt!

9. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    I have 4:
    1) hip
    2) ankle (inside)
    3) kidney area (low/side back)
    4) in between scapula on spine

www.SnarkyFit.com
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    i have 2
    -right clavical area (just one small word)
    -left back down vertically (Bible verse)

both can be hidden and not near my tummy so i can get preggo

I <3 Thirty-One! Summer Catalog is here! Ship to APO/FPO Join my team today!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast