Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Re-piercing my ears

  1. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    AmandaA's Avatar
    AmandaA is offline
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,822
    Blog Entries
    15
    #1

    Re-piercing my ears

    Advertisements
    I got my ears done when I was like 14 at Wal-mart and because they're so sensitive I just didn't wear earrings. I think they grew back, I kinda want to get them re-done, but I'm just not sure, would I have to basically start over again with the turning and all that?

    They are so sensitive that I only wear earrings for special occasions, and they last maybe 2 hours.

    TIA for the info.
  2. Senior Member
    BiggyBiggs's Avatar
    BiggyBiggs is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    13,255
    #2
    Have you tried using gold earrings? I can only wear cheap costume jewelry earrings for about 2 hours or so before they start to get sore, and if I wear them all day I start to get an infection. I can wear my gold studs 24/7 if I wanted to though.
  3. Live In Love
    HeatherBear's Avatar
    HeatherBear is offline
    Live In Love
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,062
    #3
    I would go to a tattoo/piercing shop. You'll be pierced with a needle, which actually pokes out the little piece of skin that's replaced by the jewelry. While you're healing, you can get hypoallergenic jewelry, to help avoid any adverse reactions.

    When you wear cheap jewelry, or even expensive jewelry that irritates your skin, you can coat it in clear nail polish. It creates a barrier between your body and the metal.
  4. Senior Member
    ArmyCupcake's Avatar
    ArmyCupcake is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    12,076
    #4
    Are you sure they're closed? I got mine done at 13, wore all kinds -even the cheapies. Then, around 18 i became allergic to everything, even gold. I did a lot of research and found titanium was worth a shot. I paid $60 off of Amazon for a pair of stud cubic zirconia earrings. They are amazing. My ears used to react within seconds of putting them in. They should get red, hot, and itchy. Not with the titanium though.

    Yes, if you got them re-pierced you'd have to go through the cleaning/turning regimin just add if they were never pierced.
  5. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    AmandaA's Avatar
    AmandaA is offline
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,822
    Blog Entries
    15
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggyBiggs View Post
    Have you tried using gold earrings? I can only wear cheap costume jewelry earrings for about 2 hours or so before they start to get sore, and if I wear them all day I start to get an infection. I can wear my gold studs 24/7 if I wanted to though.
    No, I may look into it, I just never wanted to buy expensive stuff because I just don't wear it. Need to look at has an investment.
  6. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    AmandaA's Avatar
    AmandaA is offline
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,822
    Blog Entries
    15
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggyBiggs View Post
    Have you tried using gold earrings? I can only wear cheap costume jewelry earrings for about 2 hours or so before they start to get sore, and if I wear them all day I start to get an infection. I can wear my gold studs 24/7 if I wanted to though.
    No, I may look into it, I just never wanted to buy expensive stuff because I just don't wear it. Need to look at has an investment.
  7. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    AmandaA's Avatar
    AmandaA is offline
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,822
    Blog Entries
    15
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCupcake View Post
    Are you sure they're closed? I got mine done at 13, wore all kinds -even the cheapies. Then, around 18 i became allergic to everything, even gold. I did a lot of research and found titanium was worth a shot. I paid $60 off of Amazon for a pair of stud cubic zirconia earrings. They are amazing. My ears used to react within seconds of putting them in. They should get red, hot, and itchy. Not with the titanium though.

    Yes, if you got them re-pierced you'd have to go through the cleaning/turning regimin just add if they were never pierced.
    I'm honestly not sure, but I haven't worn earrings in almost a year and then they were kinda hard to get in.
  8. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    AmandaA's Avatar
    AmandaA is offline
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,822
    Blog Entries
    15
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherBear View Post
    I would go to a tattoo/piercing shop. You'll be pierced with a needle, which actually pokes out the little piece of skin that's replaced by the jewelry. While you're healing, you can get hypoallergenic jewelry, to help avoid any adverse reactions.

    When you wear cheap jewelry, or even expensive jewelry that irritates your skin, you can coat it in clear nail polish. It creates a barrier between your body and the metal.
    Awesome I'll remember that trick. I got hypoallergenic ones and even those were bad.
  9. Senior Member
    stephnh's Avatar
    stephnh is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Me: Austin, TX Him: Fort Huachuca, AZ
    Posts
    907
    #9
    I agree with the others. When I got mine pierced they were gold platted or something. The second earring I wore I had an allergic reaction to (I think they were sterling silver? or something similar lol), so some earrings are a no-go for me. I've found other cheap earrings that don't irritate my skin. I would suggest just trying out a few types and seeing which ones work best for your skin.
    I would assume you would have to do the turning and cleaning, since it would be a 'new' piercing.
  10. Regular Member
    AMK2's Avatar
    AMK2 is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Moody AFB, GA
    Posts
    67
    #10
    I'd say if you do go for it again, and you don't wear them all that much, go ahead an invest in a pair that are high quality and less likely to react. Some metals are just that way. DH for example can wear gold, but only if it is 14K or better, anything else he will have nasty reactions too. I can wear anthing, but I do get some irritation from costume jewelry after a while too.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •