Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hmm need tat opinions...

1. Vandelay Industries
    Vandelay Industries

Hmm need tat opinions...

Advertisements
    So I'm going in soon to get two more dermals on my other hip (I know it took me forever!! I've walked around with only one hip done for too long) and I was thinking I'm going to ask about getting my stomach tattoo covered. I don't hate my tattoo and it doesn't bother me at all, I was just young and dumb and it would be nice to have something there that I like more.

Here's the tattoo I have, pre hip piercings:

And here's what I want to cover it with (lace, but not sure what shape):

Thoughts? I'm worried that since I now have dermals surrounding the area there's too little space to work with....and I have no idea what the shape of the piece would be. I know ultimately I need to go talk to an artist but was just looking for some opinions first.
  2. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    I think that would be really beautiful but I'd go in with a plan b. if its to cover the your current tat, I think it's be difficult to do a lace pattern that would completely cover the thick lettering. Wouldn't you be able to see the lettering through the lace?

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenni Penni View Post
    I think that would be really beautiful but I'd go in with a plan b. if its to cover the your current tat, I think it's be difficult to do a lace pattern that would completely cover the thick lettering. Wouldn't you be able to see the lettering through the lace?
    I agree. Take your idea to a good cover up artist, but definitely be flexible. I came out with a rose because it's the best thing they could cover up my tattoo with.
  4. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

I think her going to end up with a ginormous tattoo when all is said and done if you want a coverup. If it were me, I would incorporate it into a larger tattoo, not covering it but making it into a more intricate piece.

The lace that you want probably won't cover the script because of it's size and density.

ETA: I'm not a professional, but I have had two coverups done.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    I think her going to end up with a ginormous tattoo when all is said and done if you want a coverup. If it were me, I would incorporate it into a larger tattoo, not covering it but making it into a more intricate piece.

The lace that you want probably won't cover the script because of it's size and density.

Agreed. I would try to incorporate it into something else. I had a cover up done, and its twice as large as I imagined, and my original idea would't work so I had to make changes to it.

6. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    It could be a pretty badass tattoo if you got some roses and lace around each side

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenni Penni View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by *Stephanie* View Post
    I agree. Take your idea to a good cover up artist, but definitely be flexible. I came out with a rose because it's the best thing they could cover up my tattoo with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post

What they said. I think the lace idea is beautiful, but I'm not sure it would quite cover and look the way you imagine it. Definitely talk to a good cover up artist and see what they come up with.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    You have good taste in lace tattoos I want one similar to the second picture you posted. It's a picture I see often when I look up lace tattoos.

Anyway, I think if you want to do the lace thing you'd have to incorporate some other details like flowers or whatever because the lace wouldn't make for a good cover up on its own.
  9. Vandelay Industries
    Vandelay Industries
    Good points! I was definitely thinking the thick embroidery flowers would have to be over the letters. I am concerned about space though since I now have four piercings right on the sides of the tattoo...doesn't leave much room.
  10. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    I'm loving the lace idea! I think it's so pretty!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast